Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey community,

The website stated I had not contributed anything to the boards for a while, so I thought it may be time to post some pics of some of my recent painting projects. A few more Phoenix Lords for everyone's enjoyment, in addition to selections from my CSM army. Enjoy! (Oh, and insert the standard caveat about picture quality here. Sorry. :( ).

Karandras, Phoenix Lord of Badassery:

Baharroth, Phoenix Lord of 'Stay in the Box':

Ye Old Fashioned Phoenix Court of Khaine:

Daemon Prince of Whichever God I feel like today:

Chaos Lord of Slaanesh w/ Daemon Mount:

I will be providing the Lord with a 'leash' for his mount when I get my hands on some jewelers chain.

Some Icon Bearers (All my icon's are pinned so they can be switched out):

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
Thank you for sharing.

Karandras, Phoenix Lord of Badassery:
That is a good dark bone crest; what paint scheme did you use?

Baharroth, Phoenix Lord of 'Stay in the Box':
He looks more like he is trying to get out of the box; possibly without mussing his hair.

Daemon Prince of Whichever God I feel like today:
I like the colour choices, and what I can determine of the blending.

Chaos Lord of Slaanesh w/ Daemon Mount:

I will be providing the Lord with a 'leash' for his mount when I get my hands on some jewelers chain.
Given how difficult I find it to a good pink without looking like a marshmallow I am very impressed.

Not so sure about the jeweller's chain idea; I find loose chains make everything else look too static.

Some Icon Bearers (All my icon's are pinned so they can be switched out):
Very vibrant.

However, the paint looks a little thick in places, e.g. the chaos star on the right.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Not going to contradict dave with the chain. Loose chain can be a problem. However if you usea wire to form a template it is possible to use the thin liquid superglue to make it rigid and hold its shape.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm, good point about the static impression. Hmmmm, maybe I need to go back to the drawing board on that one...

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts