Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, so my question is methods of killing (permanently if you will) a perpetual. As we know Curze tried to kill Vulkan several times and failed. He even decapitated him, stabbed him with his fork, I think he even vaporized him somehow, but still the big black indestructible guy (no racism intended) was always regenerating, which in turn got Curze really pissed. Still he didn't manage to kill the Perpetual. Vulkan however was killed later by John Grammaticus (he was damn good at foreign (xeno-) languages and claimed there's no language he couldn't learn, perhaps because of his last name lol) using a mysterious artifact Fulgurite. Even still among some fans of the Salamanders chapter there are theories like their primarch is slowly healing, although I believe it's rather a speculation, as well as rumors that Guilliman's wound is slowly healing too.

However, my question is what other weapons could kill a perpetual? Basically I have one theory on this (if this can be called a theory but whatever). I believe there are some non-fulgurite weapons capable of obliterating a perpetual. So herr they are:

Necron Gauss weaponry. Based upon the principle how those weapons work. They don't just damage the target in a normal way we are used to (like lasers, plasma guns, or melta/fusion guns that basically generate heat to vaporize and destroy the target). Gauss weapons however rip the traget apart, layer by layer but on a subatomic level (let's put aside all the laws of physics, it's 40k, everything's possible). It must be extremely painful to be killed by a gauss flayer thus those unlucky ones who get shot by a gauss gun die from shock as well as from the damage inflicted. So back to perpetuals, I believe these weapons would work against them because they literally strip the target of its atoms. Moreover they pull the flayed atoms towards the weapon and store them inside. So in case of Vulkan, I believe those necrons would need to concentrate fire on him and fire for several minutes to completely "suck" him molecule by molecule into the their gauss guns. Any ideas?

The second weapon in my opinion would probably be the eldar D-Cannon (basically any type of vortex weaponry used by the eldar). A D-Cannon creates a mini warp hole. If the target is lucky it basically gets ripped to pieces by the gravitational forces. Otherwise it's sucked into the warp completely. So if a perpetual is unlucky enough he/she will eventually get sucked into the warpspace and *gasp*... Well, you know.

Well, these two are the first that comes to my mind capable of rendering a perpetual permanent lol. Another weapon (not mass produced however) that could probably kill or at least incapacitate a perpetual for a good while is Failbaddon's sword Drach'nyen. It's said to rend reality apart somehow (I don't really understand this concept, if anybody can explain how it works, I'd like to know).

Also if a perpetual gets omnomnommed by 'nids, would he get digested or would he restore and carve his way out through...

Any ideas?

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Best way...

Don't try kill them, Contain them.. Black holes could be the best plan. Mess up the time flow.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Necron Gauss weapons cause de-stabilization of the atomic particles, they don't literally vacuum them in. Aside from that your logic was sound, but I agree with Vaz in thinking it wouldn't work.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Vulkan isn't dead. He was around after the Heresy to object to the implementation of the Codex Astartes, and like Russ and Corax, seemed be called away from his legion, saying he'd be back for the end times. The Salamanders are still hunting the artefacts he brought with him.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vulkan isn't dead. He was around after the Heresy to object to the implementation of the Codex Astartes, and like Russ and Corax, seemed be called away from his legion, saying he'd be back for the end times. The Salamanders are still hunting the artefacts he brought with him.
Yea. He will come back. On the same day Indrick Boreale will talk normally. I don't think GW will advance the plot to the point of returning the primarchs (Russ, Corax, Vulkan). They will keep things unclear and we will continue to guess if the primarchs are still alive or not. This makes 40k more interesting and kind of... Mysterious ^^ On the other hand the primarchs may return. It's like adding new races ('crons and 'nids). GW won't add any new playable race, but they may return one of the missing primarchs. Or hint that some of them was seen recently. Still I don't believe the missing primarchs will return. It would make the imperium much less grimdark which would result in 40k becoming less popular amongst the biggest fans of the setting.

Just my 0.02$ anyway.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
a tessaract labrinyth would contain a perpetual easy, but the way you guys explain it, it is similar to killing that when it dies it turns to dust but reforms so, continually strip its body to pieces maybe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts