Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be fighting the new eldar with the following tomorrow (unless you can help me improve it).

HQ: Kairos
HQ: Herald of Slaanesh, greater and lesser reward, locus of grace, steed
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, exalted reward, locus of conjuration, level 3 psyker

Elite: 4 fiends of slaanesh (herald rides with these guys)

Troops: 10 daemonettes w/ alluress
Troops: 11 daemonettes w/ alluress
Troops: 18 pink horrors

Fast: 12 flesh hounds
Fast: 12 flesh hounds

Allies: HQ: CSM sorcerer, level 3 psyker, sigil of corruption, mark of tzeentch, spell familiar
Allies: Troops: 17 cultists
Allies: Fast: Heldrake w/ baleflamer

1848 total points.

The thinking is to have Kairos buff everyone and shoot. The slaanesh herald will join the fiends and will charge forward along with the two units of flesh hounds. The tzeentch herald will join the pink horrors, sit in the middle of the board, shoot, and use the grimoire to buff. The allies will try to take an objective and burn things.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
This list has no way to deal with armor. All the troops are T3 and very squishy so it will be hard to hold objectives. Fateweaver and your CSM Sorcerer are too expensive and wont earn their points back. You need more troops and more high str weapons fire or more monstrous creatures that can wreck armor in CC.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I play daemons and new eldar. and I must say this list lacks teeth at 1850 pts.

I have play tested pink horrors a few times. even if you take the locus and make shooting strength 6 its very hard work to get much done with them. rolling for powers then to hit then to wound then a 50 50 chance if you wound you give away FNP. not great and can only glance eldar serpents and need 6's to scratch any of their MC's / JMC'c.

put in a khorn shull chariot with shooting or a nurgle soul grinder would be better than 18 horrors.

troops of 10 daemonettes are no threat. they are easily counted and will be cut down before they get into CC.
I run khorn lists and find about 15 letters or so in each squad is ok. but i have 2 or 3 FMC as a big distraction.

Flesh hounds are great. could even put them in 8 - 10 packs and they will do well. ( unless you opponent is running all bikes even then area denial is useful. )

If your running some Slaanesh have you thought about the chariots. you can get a squad of three of them in a HS roll. they are fast. perhapses fast enough to catch eldar (again if they are not running an all bike list these could be an option for you.)

best way to improve the list would be to drop the horrors and put in a big threat like a cheap FMC or a big gun, something anti tank. If you playing against eldar it helps to be fast so you can chase after them and try to get into CC.

good luck and enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts