Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've managed to scrounge up enough cash to pick up 3 Chimeras. This is the list I'm considering, now that I have these 3 transports. I'm actually pretty excited to test this one out! I've never used Penal Legion, and they seem like a really fun/effective unit for their cost. Thoughts?

165 - CCS with 4 Plasma Guns; Chimera with Heavy Flamer/Multi-Laser

100 - PCS with 3 Flamers; Chimera with Heavy Flamer/Multi-Laser
230 - 3 Infantry Sqds with 3 Flamers and 3 Auto Cannons; Commissar
75 - HWS with Auto Cannons
75 - SWS with 2 Melta Guns and a Demo Charge (Dropping from the Valk in most games)
155 - Vets with 3 Melta Guns; Chimera with Heavy Flamer/Multi-Laser
80 - Penal Legion Squad

65 - Marbo

130 - Valk with MRP's
150 - Hellhound with Multi-Melta
150 - Hellhound with Multi-Melta

150 - LRBT
160 - Manticore
165 - LRDemolisher

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
A very solid list with great choices.
PL's make good tar-pit units.
GL's in the Infantry Squads can often be a better choice than Flamers..longer range can have its benefits, because once Hoards (for example) are that close to use the Flamers it's too late...
your PCS in the Chimera could take care of such actions.

No biggie though, just food for thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, HOBO. I definitely see what you're saying about the GL's. It makes a good amount of sense. Alternatively, a few flamers might be nice to have around to gas would-be deepstrikers like BA's or Daemons before than can get into CC with me. I'm still considering the pros and cons on that part of the list.

This list is what I've come up with to start play-testing for the annual Adepticon tourney coming up in Chicago this coming April. It'll be interesting to see how it evolves before then.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Yea, play-testing is the key..for ant list really.
Me, I would take more anti-armour than you, but I face 90% Mech lists in my area.
There are very few 'poor' units in the Codex so swapping stuff in/out doesn't change a list's effectiveness much overall.

Best of luck with it:victory:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I think that's one of the hardest parts - finding a good balance between anti-mech and anti-horde. You're likely gonna see both in a big tourney. Tough decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts