Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
There was no reason given. They were there in the 3rd ed codex, and gone in the 5th. They still appear in one or two novels though, so as far as I'm concerned they still exist in the setting.
They're somewhere with the Squats, then.

I love this game, but I can honestly say some of the decisions that GW makes are just idiotic. They had some pretty crucial ties to their original lore, didn't they? Some kind of attempt to convert humanoids over to Necrons or something?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea. The necrons were in the shadows of almost everything, and spreading the pariah gene and converting humans into their new soldiers was a big part of their long term. Granted the necrons themselves have new goals now, but the same ideal can still be said to apply to the c'tan. Even in their fractured state, the c'tan shards are incredibly powerful and dangerous beings, as capable of playing the long game as their complete selves always were.

On the topic of these models, I just ordered a bunch of cyber glaives from Puppetswar, so that should help me fill the void of the damaged and lost weapons these guys have.
Call me weird, but I always thought pariahs would look 'creepier' wearing some kind of scaled hood/cloak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts