Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about Pariahs in that fluff thread got me all nostalgic. I did some digging and it turns out I have eighteen of the things, in various condition. A few look like they'll be unusable. About half are missing their weapons. Most of them are paint stripped. Three were in good enough condition to work on immediately, so I sated my immediate nostalgia lust on them. They did not have weapons present, so I improvised.

I had to cur the shields down in height because these bastards aren't as tall as lychguard. I think once they're painted the different style of arms shouldn't be too noticeable. I'm not sure what I'll do with these guys yet. I may just mix them in with my Lychguard units, use them as Necron Lords or maybe write some custom rules for homebrew games. With any luck, gw will come back to these guys in the future like they did with genestealer cults but for now this is keeping me happy. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did they ever cite a reason- fluff or otherwise- that Pariahs weren't in the game any more? I'd heard they were removed.
There was no reason given. They were there in the 3rd ed codex, and gone in the 5th. They still appear in one or two novels though, so as far as I'm concerned they still exist in the setting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There was no reason given. They were there in the 3rd ed codex, and gone in the 5th. They still appear in one or two novels though, so as far as I'm concerned they still exist in the setting.
They're somewhere with the Squats, then.

I love this game, but I can honestly say some of the decisions that GW makes are just idiotic. They had some pretty crucial ties to their original lore, didn't they? Some kind of attempt to convert humanoids over to Necrons or something?

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They had some pretty crucial ties to their original lore, didn't they? Some kind of attempt to convert humanoids over to Necrons or something?
Yea. The necrons were in the shadows of almost everything, and spreading the pariah gene and converting humans into their new soldiers was a big part of their long term. Granted the necrons themselves have new goals now, but the same ideal can still be said to apply to the c'tan. Even in their fractured state, the c'tan shards are incredibly powerful and dangerous beings, as capable of playing the long game as their complete selves always were.

On the topic of these models, I just ordered a bunch of cyber glaives from Puppetswar, so that should help me fill the void of the damaged and lost weapons these guys have.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea. The necrons were in the shadows of almost everything, and spreading the pariah gene and converting humans into their new soldiers was a big part of their long term. Granted the necrons themselves have new goals now, but the same ideal can still be said to apply to the c'tan. Even in their fractured state, the c'tan shards are incredibly powerful and dangerous beings, as capable of playing the long game as their complete selves always were.

On the topic of these models, I just ordered a bunch of cyber glaives from Puppetswar, so that should help me fill the void of the damaged and lost weapons these guys have.
Call me weird, but I always thought pariahs would look 'creepier' wearing some kind of scaled hood/cloak.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The skin is peeled off their faces and who knows where else to be replaced by metal. That's still pretty creepy. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts