Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3:You know the bendy straws that kids put in something like a malt? you can take those and stick them in buildings and make them look like pipes, plus then you can add rust to them and have better scenery. ideas for how to paint the rust: Mixing blood red and delvian mud, breaking holes in the strw and have small piles of blood red+Delvian mud colord scrap

5: For a Nurgle chaos marine, take some Green Stuph and have it come out of his eye holes, under his helmet, an out of any hole with skin showing to make it look like he is puffing up or swelling. May work on chaos lord also.Mixing severl greens and putting them near the blisters and a darker color away from them is good as well as having poped blisers with blood red ozzing out of them

7: (Another idea) I wounder if you can make a chaos looking manta ray and mount a chaos lord or chaos lord terminator on it. Hmm... that would be interesting.... use the chaos screemsers from daemons section on the gw store page for wh40k

8:Ink box holder can be flipped upside down and painted to represent a computer terminal for an airport or something.Good collors are Black with a green terminal computer panel

Some things have been removed because others have thought of it

Thank you for reading this topic. :victory:

NOTE: THIS IS FROM MY MIND< NOT BEEN TESTED (Exept for number 3, THANK YOU MINIWARGAMEING!)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Good tips mate, but a lot of them have already been posted up in the tutorial section of the forum.

If you really want to contribute some tips, i'd have a look through there and see what you feel you can add, and write up a proper guide.

For example, the straws as pipes is a great idea, but it'd be nice for other users if you went through how exactly you make them look like rusty pipes, preferably with some pictures.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill get rid of the allready posted stuff and see if i can find some pics (i dont have any buildsing i just made some stuff up)

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
7: (Another idea) I wounder if you can make a chaos looking manta ray and mount a chaos lord or chaos lord terminator on it. Hmm... that would be interesting....
:victory:
You mean something like this? Or the Tau manta?.....cause that is big.

Edit: Ugh these pictures really show how badly the actual ray is painted, it was actually really good at one point but the rider kept falling off and taking paint with him.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea thats what i ment, never thought someone had made it, but you should have it lower to the ground and mabey use a clear tube to hold it up like nid gargoyles

Nice creativity anyways

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
yea thats what i ment, never thought someone had made it, but you should have it lower to the ground and mabey use a clear tube to hold it up like nid gargoyles

Nice creativity anyways

Noted but i disagree, i set him higher up to give the impression of him swooping down to lop somone's head off and whilst this makes him an easier target usually i find he's fine as my demon prince absorbs most of the fire which would normally come his way.

I have used the plastic bases before and dislike them, i find them too flimsy and easy to snap, also whilst it might look prety ugly against the white background my gameing group runs an industrial ash wastland for its main board so the silver/grey pole fades away amongst the background. All of my flying models are mounted on wire stands over plastic, for the boost in durability it gives and the increase in versatility in positioning i get. If i ever get around to buying a valkyre i'll probabley mount it on wire too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Noted but i disagree, i set him higher up to give the impression of him swooping down to lop somone's head off and whilst this makes him an easier target usually i find he's fine as my demon prince absorbs most of the fire which would normally come his way.

I have used the plastic bases before and dislike them, i find them too flimsy and easy to snap, also whilst it might look prety ugly against the white background my gameing group runs an industrial ash wastland for its main board so the silver/grey pole fades away amongst the background. All of my flying models are mounted on wire stands over plastic, for the boost in durability it gives and the increase in versatility in positioning i get. If i ever get around to buying a valkyre i'll probabley mount it on wire too.
Maybe you could find a way to reinforce the plastic tubes by putting some hardened metal in the middle to keep it strait (that that wire, only in the tube)

And heres another idea: Take green stuph and make a harness, put it on a gargoyle (nid) and mount a chaos lord on that. Instant heresy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts