Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm starting to paint some space wolves (yes, I've bought Stormclaw, couldn't resist :p) and I noticed that golden parts are not exactly gold.
SW look like space vikings, that's obvious, but I think gold wasn't the most common material in armor and weapons at that time. For this I want to paint all the golden parts with a more copper/bronze color. I've seen the paint packs in GW website, but before using or buying any of those, has anyone tried them? Any color combination similar to a bronzish (?) Gold?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
There was a Space Wolves army project in WD when they released the new paint line in 2012 (issue 388) and in that they use Balthasar Gold, layered with Ghenna's gold, washed wish Agrax Earthshade and then Highlighted with Runefang Steel

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
I also got stomclaw so I'm thinking about how to do as well. (correct me if wrong guys) I'd use Balthasar gold,Next Ghenna's gold after I used wash the model with drakenoff nightshade. And then paint the tops using Auric Armour Gold, if u wanted to help to paint the rest of the space wolve armour id follow this tutorial
http://youtu.be/gW-mNDHeB24
Or look around on here

Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts