Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Painting Skills

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Silens 
As Dave pointed out the best way to get better at painting is to keep painting and often. I suck at painting as well so I understand your frustration.

I watch youtube painting tutorials for tips and tricks, read painting threads and ask for advice. Yes this means posting pictures of your work up and letting people judge it but generally most people want to help and have good advice.

I know there is a program called Space marine painter it lets you click and add paint to marines to try out various paint schemes so that might be helpful.

Floor cleaner (I use Mr. Clean Multi purpose)is good at stripping paint off plastic models with no damage to the plastic soak about 1 hour and little warm water and toothbrushing the paint is gone. Simply green works great on plastic or metal soak over night rinse and toothbrush. So any paint job you are not happy with can be easily removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.