Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Painting Skills

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Silens 
#1 ·
I've recently finished school and since i'm just working now, I find I have time to actually do things I want now.

Something i'm interested in is learning the skills to paint well.

I am satisfied with my current conversion skills, save using greenstuff, which I have not gotten into yet, but painting almost eludes me. I find it very difficult to do at all and I am not satisfied with my work. I have the Guide to Painting Space Marines book. And it is great at showing me what to do, but I feel I fall down on just how to do it.

I feel my basic skills are lacking. What can I do to improve them, without ruining models? Are there exercises I could do to improve and such?

it may be important to note that I am mainly a spray paint and brush strokes guy. No special equipment or anything like that.

Thanks for your time.

PS; what do people recommend for finding a unique paint scheme for my marines? is there perhaps a utility I can use to drag and drop colours onto the armour to see what it looks like?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.