Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick newb question.

I am just getting started in the 40k universe and I was wondering about rules regarding color schemes. Do you have to stick to the designated colors when using existing space marine chapters? And if you are able to change them, do they have to be close or can you make wholesale adjustments?

I am asking because I have decided on going with Space Wolves as my first army but I am not a big fan of their base colors.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Welcome to the site lrluhn!

Your question is a very common concern, and well, there's really nothing to be concerned about. Just let your opponent know what rules set you are using, and you can paint your army any way you choose. There really are no limitations. Just be kind enough to let your buddies know that your army uses the Space Wolf codex rules.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's always great to be creative most of the time when a space marine player paints their army different they just term it a successive chapter founded off of in your case space wolves.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
you can always use

fortress grey
codex grey
space wolves grey
shadow grey

any of those colors

or paint them any color you want and call them a brother chapter but still use the blood claws insignia ect

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thank you for your replies. I have a couple of ideas I am going to try out now that I know it is ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts