Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of painting some Reikland troops and I was wondering if the way I'm thinking of doing it would work, would try a trial model but not got one atm They are down as white but I've always seen them more of a bone like white.

These are the steps I'm thinking for a warm white colour.

1. Spray white
2. Coat of Ushabti
3. Wash of Seraphim Sepia
4. Ushabti on raised areas
5. Screaming Skull
6. 50/50 mix of Screaming Skull and White

Any advice?

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just interested in a scheme that will look good, there's a guy in my store who has an awesome looking altdorf army, very well done, I'd love to be at his level and so I'm looking at a scheme that works for me. I tend to find green and blue easy to paint, but I already have a marine force which is green and blue so I'm not particularly in favour of continuing that on.

I was thinking maybe Reikland may work but then I started doubting it as white is notoriously difficult to pull off and it requires a lot of work with shading which I'm not the best at.

· Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I'm painting a model atm, so far I've done the base layer and a wash over each different part, now I'm wondering how to proceed with the off white. Atm I've done Rakarth flesh followed by a wash of Seraphim sepia, do I go over the sepia on the high bits and leave sepia in the crevices or do I now just edge highlight with the rakarth flesh then a finer edge with palid wych?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.