Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of painting some Reikland troops and I was wondering if the way I'm thinking of doing it would work, would try a trial model but not got one atm They are down as white but I've always seen them more of a bone like white.

These are the steps I'm thinking for a warm white colour.

1. Spray white
2. Coat of Ushabti
3. Wash of Seraphim Sepia
4. Ushabti on raised areas
5. Screaming Skull
6. 50/50 mix of Screaming Skull and White

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That sounds like it could work quite well, possibly exchangethe 50/50 mix for Pallyd Wych Flesh??

In an old WD they did an article on painting the different Empire factions, and for Reikland they suggested rakarth flesh, seraphim sepia and then layer Pallyd Wych flesh

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just interested in a scheme that will look good, there's a guy in my store who has an awesome looking altdorf army, very well done, I'd love to be at his level and so I'm looking at a scheme that works for me. I tend to find green and blue easy to paint, but I already have a marine force which is green and blue so I'm not particularly in favour of continuing that on.

I was thinking maybe Reikland may work but then I started doubting it as white is notoriously difficult to pull off and it requires a lot of work with shading which I'm not the best at.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I'm painting a model atm, so far I've done the base layer and a wash over each different part, now I'm wondering how to proceed with the off white. Atm I've done Rakarth flesh followed by a wash of Seraphim sepia, do I go over the sepia on the high bits and leave sepia in the crevices or do I now just edge highlight with the rakarth flesh then a finer edge with palid wych?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I would go over the raised adges leaving the sepia only in the recesses, will give a much cleaner look

1 - 6 of 6 Posts