Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so lucky to have been sent some pre release miniatures for Para Bellum and River-horse Studios exciting new game CONQUEST. (rules being written by the notorious Alessio Calvatore)

Feel free to ask about the game or mini's and I'll tell you what I can for the moment. Otherwise you can follow the games progress by liking their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/ParaBellumWarGames/

They've blown me away... see for yourselves... I can't wait to paint these over the coming weeks :D

And this guy... he's on a 53mm base :O

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So taking inspiration from the original artwork of the spire clone archers, I went with a skin tone wet blended with shades of leather and bone...

Pail skin... I'm guessing dark, muted fabrics next. Again looking to the artwork for inspiration.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bit gutted that I only had time to get this far before goin back to work.... 240miles from home :(

On the plus side. My camera has better resolution than my eyes XD just noticed the bit on the foot/foot wraps that need touching up.

The brown bits are based to be built up to bone

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a change of colour scheme and a change of pace ;)

That's all my bonemold tower shields completed for the force grown drones :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've hit a milestone :D

Base coats on the Spire are 100% done. Onto dry brushing, shading and highlighting ;)

Need to wet the Hundred Kingdoms to the same stage first though :)

Base coats....

One glazed do you don't think I've gone mental with the green XD

The whole project overview today;

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(don't forget, you can follow Conquest here: www.facebook.com/parabellumwargames)

Right! That's got the base coats finished on all 91 models, here's a sample of them at this stage:

(remember that greens appear bright but will be balanced out with a glaze)

Also the brouns of the Spire will be built up to a bone effect like the earlier shields....

It's all a bit flat looking atm but that's base coats for you. Cant wait to give these some depth and start tying those colours together....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was about to start shading and shizzle until I realised I haden't base coated my shields properly.

A cheeky hour this afternoon solved that little oversight! I can finally crack on this evening... now what do I watch while I paint?... thinking R.I.P.D. :p

"St Lazareth, be our shield from the horrors that lurk in the night....."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First stand done. So in love with these now 🙂

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Be warned, cousin! When the Steel Legion march, kings fall..."

A very satisfying hour on the brushes today :D