Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sit with my "5 boyz" lined up and I'm putting all the colors I'll need to paint them to one side. Greens for the skin, dark browns and black for the pants, metallics for the metals. Then I get to the hair and think - what color is ork hair?

In the codex it seems mostly black, but if I paint their clothes black, their hair black, their weapons black the army is going to look pretty uniformal and "un-orky". So.

What color is ork hair?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Hmmmm a dark brown maybe? You can always paint it a non natural color and say it's war paint. It's a way of introducing an easy spot color to the scheme.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the blue option. The problem I'm having i think is not knowing what way to turn with the overall color theme.

I definitely want a transvestite boyz mob called "Da Laydeez" though, so pink will be the obvious choice for hair there.

Bright and gaudy can look shit, but black looks a little too uniformal... brown might be the solution. Or a mix of black and browns.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
You got a clan picked out? Hair is a great place for the clan colors or alternatively, put the clan colors on the cloth and make the hair black and brown.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I believe the Ork Codex says that Orks are not naturally hirsute (any instances of hair on models are simply accessories, or hair-squigs), so whatever colour you like. I'd go for a darker brown, or black to complement the green. Whatever colour you go for, make it greasy, oily and lank. Orks aren't known for their use of Head and Shoulders.

Midnight

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I believe the Ork Codex says that Orks are not naturally hirsute (any instances of hair on models are simply accessories, or hair-squigs), so whatever colour you like. I'd go for a darker brown, or black to complement the green. Whatever colour you go for, make it greasy, oily and lank. Orks aren't known for their use of Head and Shoulders.

Midnight
That is correct Midnight! Orks are natural bald but they let hair/fur-squigs bite on to them for the bright colours the squigs provide. So I think bright and bold colours. If you want to stand out you would not put your hair in the same colour as your skin, cloth or the ground you're walking on, if you're not Blood Axes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts