Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master of the Watch
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Ive recently started an eldar army and have gone through several itterations of the colour scheme.

I really like Iybraesil but the painting guide GW gives for them Stegadon scale > Sotek Green > Temple Guard Blue gave me something far too green.

Anyone know a better guide?

Many thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Pics? Try washing it evenly with a thin coat of blue. Or use non GW paints like Vallejo. Falcon turquoise is the same as Hawk Turquoise.

·
Registered
128 Posts
this might sounds silly but you could try different variations write down the paints and see what you like.

·
Master of the Watch
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's what I've done so far, i'm not sure what kind of eldar trickery is at work but it looks blue here, its much more green that this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I really like the Iybraesil colour scheme from the painting guide. Having done a few test models I think I've got it similar to the picture in the guide.

- Basecoat Black
- Base layer Stegadon Scale Green
- Sotek Green (I did this completely covering the previous layer)
- Coelia Greenshade in the recesses
- 50:50 Sotek Green and Temple Guard Blue edge highlights
- Temple Guard Blue Extreme Highlight

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

These dudes haven't yet got their last highlight as the previous attempt was a bit shoddy, you'll have to excuse my abilities as I am new to this. They seem pretty blue to me, and much more vibrant in real life. I think they key is thin layers, as always. You'll notice the hole in the middle, thats because these are the weird push fit splinter packs you can get, i didnt want to waste real guardians on testing the scheme out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts