Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how there is all that detail on the inside of the rhino. Does anyone actually paint that or just leave it black?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Leave it black? I don't even prime it. I glue shut the doors. Although I have been working on a fully painted LRC. Probably not for playing, solely for aesthetic purposes.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I can't resist, I have to paint everything :grin:

If GW make a door that opens, and there is an inside, I will paint it, and probably try to see if any other doors can be made to open, or if there is a way to 'enhance' the inside.

I probably need to get out more.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Seen some really nice models where the entire top comes off.

the inside is painted and then the vivhel is destroyed the player removes the top of the hull.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I never cared for painting much of the tank insides, maybe with the exception of the area arround the opening hatch. I don't paint the rest, as it simplt can't be seen with almost all light sources shut off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i paint my interior and dont glue the doors*. paint deep areasdark flesh, and raised bleached bone. it sounds and looks strange but in the dark when its fully glued its fine.

*i once spent 2 hours painting the interior of a razorback, assembled it, came back in the morning, and found i had glued the hatch shut!

·
Registered
599 Posts
drat thought i had pictures. but a salamnders player had his rino's come apart. the top of the hull would simply pull off in one piece indicating a unit destroyed. the paint detail inside was good and it looked really nice..(mind you they had to blow up to be seen).
other that i have seen some with open hatches and it is simply black inside. does not take away from the model.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah unless your showing it off or doing something creative like that salamander player common sense tells us that it wont be seen that often.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's also funny how you can't even fit one Sm into them! The tanks also look alot bigger in pics. They're tiny things.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
If you don't have them on the base, you can actually fit them in-- about six Space Marines fit in the crew compartment of a Rhino depending on how they're modelled, which isn't terrible considering that that cabin is supposed to hold eight in the fluff (while one drives and one mans the storm bolter, for a transport capacity of ten Astartes).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts