Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have an idea that i havnt managed to test out yet but i would like to ask for opinions before hand to see if anyone has considered this.

Warning: Story Time
Ok so i was painting my Scions and ever since i got Blood for the Blood God i have been using it on every possible weapon i can. Point is i had this little skull-mace thing on one of my Scions and i covered the skull part in BftBG (which was drybrushed silver btw). Afterwards i noticed that the blood color over the metal color looks really good actually if a bit transparent. So my idea is mainly for Word Bearers (an army i havnt painted for a long time which i also was not good at painting) and it entails this:
Story Over

What if you painted a Chaos Marine like this: Black basecoat, silver drybrush (in however many layers), Blood for the Blood God as the primary armor color, washed with red/glazed with red.

Opinions?

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It probably won't work that well, as 'Blood for the Bloodgod' is quite good at covering what's underneath. In my experience anyway.

If you want that blood-with-silver-in-it-look what you could do was mix it with leadbelcher for that deep steel look.
I wasnt aiming silver-red mix, rather metal undercoat always makes colors seem gritty for me

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I grabbed an old IW arm and brightened the silver on it and then added a full coat of BftBG. It looks cool but shiny, so i added the red glaze and now it looks kinda terrible. The point was that no red color ever feels right to me for Word Bearers (which is why i dont paint them anymore) and i actually like this color. The point of the silver basecoat is to give the red a metal feel, not make a silver-red mix. Although a true metallic red would look great as well this is my attempt at making a new design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.