Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have an idea that i havnt managed to test out yet but i would like to ask for opinions before hand to see if anyone has considered this.

Warning: Story Time
Ok so i was painting my Scions and ever since i got Blood for the Blood God i have been using it on every possible weapon i can. Point is i had this little skull-mace thing on one of my Scions and i covered the skull part in BftBG (which was drybrushed silver btw). Afterwards i noticed that the blood color over the metal color looks really good actually if a bit transparent. So my idea is mainly for Word Bearers (an army i havnt painted for a long time which i also was not good at painting) and it entails this:
Story Over

What if you painted a Chaos Marine like this: Black basecoat, silver drybrush (in however many layers), Blood for the Blood God as the primary armor color, washed with red/glazed with red.

Opinions?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
What if you painted a Chaos Marine like this: Black basecoat, silver drybrush (in however many layers), Blood for the Blood God as the primary armor color, washed with red/glazed with red.
It probably won't work that well, as 'Blood for the Bloodgod' is quite good at covering what's underneath. In my experience anyway.

If you want that blood-with-silver-in-it-look what you could do was mix it with leadbelcher for that deep steel look.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It probably won't work that well, as 'Blood for the Bloodgod' is quite good at covering what's underneath. In my experience anyway.

If you want that blood-with-silver-in-it-look what you could do was mix it with leadbelcher for that deep steel look.
I wasnt aiming silver-red mix, rather metal undercoat always makes colors seem gritty for me

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
for a silver red mix, you could try to mix red wash to chainmail silver, in small amounts. maybe? about your idea, it can have some results, but its a difficult lavoration. ALso, washing it over, basically makes useless the use of Blood for the...etc. since it will cover the most part. Anyway, a bright metal as base, washed with many layers of any wash should give some good result

·
Registered
533 Posts
Do you have the paints you need? Try it out on spare arms and helmets you aren't going to use

This is the first time I've heard of that paint. Having a look on YT it's a cool effect! I don't do armies with blood and dirt effects but I'd like to in the future and this would be a paint I'd have to buy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I grabbed an old IW arm and brightened the silver on it and then added a full coat of BftBG. It looks cool but shiny, so i added the red glaze and now it looks kinda terrible. The point was that no red color ever feels right to me for Word Bearers (which is why i dont paint them anymore) and i actually like this color. The point of the silver basecoat is to give the red a metal feel, not make a silver-red mix. Although a true metallic red would look great as well this is my attempt at making a new design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts