Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any effective methods for painting dryads?

Should I paint the bodies before I stick the arms on? The models have some really nice detail. I'm thinking a light drybrush would be best.

What colours would work though? The GW guide says rotting flesh but I want a more "woodland" look to my army. Brighter. Sexier.

Jez

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
mine were pianted grren start with goblin green drybrush then green ink

·
Registered
361 Posts
depends how much detail ur after, i painted block of dryads for my local GW a while back, took me a round 4-5hrs, started from black, overbrushed scorched brown, then mixed bestial brown in and continued to drybrush, from their i used snakebite+BB and drybrushed half and then graveyard+BB for the other half, then a light brush of bleached.

from their i took my time and picked out the details, ice blue for glowing osl eyes, catchan to scorpion green for the nyphs and sprites and space wolf grey for the stone.

hope this helps!

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I like the green more than the brown.... The green makes them look more flexible, suppler, than does the 'dry' look of the brown bark.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
depends how much detail ur after, i painted block of dryads for my local GW a while back, took me a round 4-5hrs, started from black, overbrushed scorched brown, then mixed bestial brown in and continued to drybrush, from their i used snakebite+BB and drybrushed half and then graveyard+BB for the other half, then a light brush of bleached.

from their i took my time and picked out the details, ice blue for glowing osl eyes, catchan to scorpion green for the nyphs and sprites and space wolf grey for the stone.

hope this helps!
Great tips Darkmessiah.

Do you glue them together before drybrushing? I've noticed the arms might cross across the bodies and stop the brush "getting in".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts