Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help Heretics, I'm currently in the progress of painting the first Tactical (Combat) Squad for my legion. But I have no ideas fo the colour of the back banner. The scheme is Black and gold with a darkened cream sorta colour for the parchment. I need something to break up the block of colours.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
548 Posts
any chance you can post some pics of the legion color scheme? it's sort of hard to suggest back banner ideas without seeing how your colors are working together on the miniatures. with my DA, i just paint the banners as a match for their armor colors.

however, judging by your selected colors [black/gold/cream], a red or an orange might provide a nice bit of brightness and contrast...

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
I would stick with your chapters colour scheme. Painting the banner a contrasting or much brighter colour will detract from the mini, drawing peoples eyes away from the SM.
A well painted banner should add to the over all look not be a distraction from it.
A few well placed splashes of colour on the mini itself will lift it massively.
Eyes, purity seals, gems, chapter logo, etc.
Break up the block of colour with small details and good highlighting then tie the banner into to the finished scheme.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts