Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, im attempting to put together a paintball game with some friends, and it started with just some friends...but now its blossoming quickly into a 30-40 person affair, i have a location already that will accomodate, buttt...i need some help with other logistics, games? rescources? injuries? teams? ammo distribution? every bit of advice you can give would be WONDERFUL

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Plan. Plan. Plan.

When organizing a game of that scale, you need to have people aware of the fact at least a month ahead of time. This should give the individuals plenty of time to ready their gear,, make sure they're off from work or whatever, get ammo, ect. A 'bring your own ammo' policy is a good thing to throw out there, but always plan on sharing a few pods to those who need it.

Best way to go about food, if possible, is to bring a cooler full of burgers/hot dogs that you can grill and plenty of water. This is easier if you make sure a couple of people bring in stuff. If not, try to find a venue nearby. Even if it's a fast food joint, which would be cheaper I reckon. Food is food after a long day of paintballing.

For injuries, just make sure a couple people have a first aid kit. That's all you'll really need for trivial injuries, but when someone gets a serious injury there is only so much you can do while waiting for an ambulance. A box of bandaids should be fine per team I guess, but if you want to stock up on gauze and med tape...whatever.

Also make sure everyone has a ride, knows when to show up and plot out how many people you'll have for the day. Try to account for people who have to leave early/arrive late ect if you can. It'll make evening out teams much easier. Also try to plan ahead what kind of games you'll be playing in regards to the terrain/field.

It can be a huge pain in the ass to throw a big game like this together, but the more you plan the better chances you'll have at having a successful day of gaming. It's been some time since I last broke out my guns...a shame nobody in my area plays it seems. Good luck, though.

EDIT: I want to stress again on water. Especially now that Spring is rolling around, you want to make sure everyone has access to some fluids. That's the most important thing on the health/injuries topic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts