Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I just got back from a friend's birthday party. I'm sore all over with huge welts.

Have you ever been paintballing? If so, tell us how it went.

I got a few head shots (hot hit in the head twice myself).
Some guy cheated and shot me from a metre into my back and as I turned around, shot me in the chest straight away.

I gave him something to think about.:grin:

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Gettig hit sucks, but shooting other folks is hilarious. I have a particular incident where I was shot right between the mask and helmet with a paintball, right in the center of my forehead. Sucked.

Anyways, I returned fire (quite illegal, but it was satisfying) and hit him all over his visor. he couldn't see, and a friend of mine pegged him.

-Dirge

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah. We had to wear baseball caps and a visor. I got smacked in the forehead twice.

I was sitting on a platform sniping people. I took aim at a poor soul and shot. It went unnaturally straight at his face. He saw it and ducked. The guy behind him turned to look at his friends sudden movement and got smacked in the visor with an orange ball.
:D

I also lay down under a platform with a friend and sniped peoples legs as they went by. Noone noticed we were there for ages. I shot some guy in the foot and he came down on the knee in pain. I shot him in the knee and he lay down. My partner and I shot him in the shoulders. That's when he noticed we were there and warned all his team.

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hey. I just got back from a friend's birthday party. I'm sore all over with huge welts.

Have you ever been paintballing? If so, tell us how it went.

I got a few head shots (hot hit in the head twice myself).
Some guy cheated and shot me from a metre into my back and as I turned around, shot me in the chest straight away.

I gave him something to think about.:grin:
lol, just today, i got back from my party
it was laser skirmish! - do i sense parallels?
paintballing
tried it once. got a few bruises. tried it again. still love it!:biggrin:

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Jeez man, you got p0wned! I've never been hit that many times!

Of course, we play at a treeline near my house, and I just climb a tree ang gun ppl down as they walk by. Then when someone notices me, I move to another tree.

I think I've been hit eight times, that's the most. And that was when we played a FFA. Normally it's me, and four friends, against five friends.

5v5. Good teams.

-Dirge

·
Registered
304 Posts
Paintballing is ALWAYS a laugh. I always seem to be the stupid bloke that runs at the enemy, firing my gun and loooking really epic before being gunned down by 5 people and dying platoon-style

either that of suicide bombing with paint grenades...

·
Registered
304 Posts
ouch, they must seriously hurt.

My mate has got scars across him from when the marshals decided it would "be funny" to freeze the paintballs before the first match, and issue them at the start. It was like being shot beanbag rounds

those marshals mentioned were found out and are now unemployed

·
Registered
20 Posts
It was once really quiet in the middle of a game, and I decided to break the silence. I fired one shot randomly. A few seconds later, I hear a smack and a scream. Some idiot had taken off his mask and I had pegged him in the forehead, on accident!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dude, if those are the places you got hit then by all means you were lucky. I would take those hits all day long. I know, sounds crazy, but try getting shot point blank with nothing but the end of your pecker to stop the ball. Yeah, you know it hurts until ya find out how much "hurts" doesn't come close.

As for the dude who took his mask off, he had it coming. Cardinal rules don't exist for no reason. Oh, frozen paintballs are considerd lethal weapons. There's been a few people locked up on account of them "playing around" and their buddies getting seriously messed up(cracked skulls, mask failure, etc.). I don't recommend trying it as your more likely to break your marker as anything.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I play tournament Paintball here in Australia. If you're in Sydney and want to see how the pro's do it. Head out to Action Paintball (Shameless Plug) in Rouse Hill on any given sunday.

I can do pics of me playing for now.

I'll try to find some pics of the welts i've had over the last couple of years. Chances are, i'll have a few welts by this coming monday from training.

You sound like you're a bit of a baller yourself Testarosa?

·
Registered
70 Posts
whats an Airdisk Ball? damn... i have never played any paintball games..sounds FUN!!!!!!!!! and hurtfull. but still cool!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I did it for my stag do. It was great fun but the stag run was a killer (basically running 100 metres and back without a gun while 20 people pepper you with shots) I was covered in bruises but loved every minute of it. Would definately do it again

·
Registered
529 Posts
i went paintballing yesterday with my new gun the spyder MR1 and played three games... first game i played i didnt even know where i was getting shot at from.. i just got hit... second game i didnt get hit and bagged one guy in the ribs...
third game it was respawns and i got hit 3 times and managed to bag a huge amount of people with my only average gun 5 or 6 people when everyone else had milsigs and X7's and the lot, but towards the end i jumped into a ditch and sprained my ankle

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I used to own a paintball pro shop and a playing field back in 2000-2002. It was something I had wanted to do since first playing way back in 1990. I had a core set of 8 guys and two gal's that made up our team and staff at the field and store. We also kept 2-5 people on our "practice squad" to fill in if needed at tournaments and events. I had a great amount of fun playing and making a living from paintball for a few years. I miss it badly.

I'll see if I can scan some of our old team photo's I have stashed somewhere...

(Edit, Found em!)

5 man team on the break! (I missed this event as my wife went into labor that morning with our little girl!)

That's me with my custom anodized and "cut" Matrix... beast of a marker. (Wish I still had it...)

Johnny tearin' through some paint

Myself, (left) and Johnny (right) at our first 2 man event. Running Airgun Designs E-mags with Warpfeeds. (heavy markers but putting out 20+ balls a second was enough to scare every other team there! We won it hands down. Neither of us got hit the entire event!)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I play paintball too. Getting hit in the junk is very painful! But getting hit by an automatic up the ass while laying prone was the worst. I was pinned behind a log, and got flanked by another player. Woodsball rules! Anyone who takes off their mask is asking to get hurt. Paintball is very fun, but can be more dangerous than many younger players, or even older players, think. rant over:grin:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
There's always something satisfying about catching a person in the mask grill and giving 'em a mouthful of paint, without really meaning to.

Other than that, hiding up trees in night games and making screechy predator sounds can be fun.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I did it for my stag do. It was great fun but the stag run was a killer (basically running 100 metres and back without a gun while 20 people pepper you with shots) I was covered in bruises but loved every minute of it. Would definately do it again
Haha that is EXACTLY what happened to my mate this summer on his stag do as well, apart from he was at least given a gun!! Poor bloke, he was such a mess afterwards, he was still bruised 2 weeks later on his wedding day!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Been a couple of times but after going airsofting I fell in love with that instead, more realistic and less pain :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts