Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey..
For Metal you should use nail polish remover... luckily I have a older sister who owns a fair bit so she doesn't notice when I pinch some of it :p

Just drop your model in and leave it to soak for a few hours.. But I'm not sure on Plastic

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I'm lead to believe that you can buy Simple Green, which a lot of people use to strip plastic models, from Bunnings. I don't know for certain however, as I've never stripped minis myself.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well with the metal ones do I just put them in pure nail polish remover or with a bit of warm water aswell?

·
4,491 Posts
For metal models just use metho.
Cheap and does a good job with the aid of an old toothbrush.

Apparently Dettol works for plastic models. Just dilute it 4:1 or whatever it recommends.
Haven't tried it myself though so dont take my word for it.

·
4,491 Posts
For metal models, soak them for an hour or so, or even overnight.
Depends on the thickness of the paint, and what sort of paint you used.

Then just basically scrub it with the toothbrush.
Toothpicks can help too.
Repeat if necessary.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use simple green for both metal and plastics. Get it from bunnings for a few $$ Lasts for a huge amount of mini's I stripped a Blood angels 5000 point army and 3000 eldar army as well as Necromunda stuff all with 1 bottle. Just throw them in a bucket or container with a lid and let sit for 24 hours. They can stay in the stuff for months without damaging the models. You can also use brake fluid. Its more expensive and well use in a well ventilated area. It works well also stripped a Tau army in about 30 hours of soaking. Hope this helps!:drinks:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, I think I will go for the Metho, one more question though, can I leave it over night in the metho without it damaging the modle's details? Even if the paint is thin?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts