Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

So I used a transfer sheet to put an Obisdian Rose logo onto my warrior's banner and I screwed up: all of the banner shadowing is now obviously gone and the thing looks out of place to say the least.

I am thinking of re-drawing the shadows over the decal, but I cannot find a guide on the proper shadowing of a thing. If any of you guys had an experience with such an approach, could you please post some examples of your work along with some comments on how did you achieve such an effect?

At the moment I am going to cover it with a matt varnish and then draw the shadows using some of the base colors and maybe a wash. Not sure if highlighting the other sides of the folds is worth doing, any input?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Can't do any photo just opinion maybe and idea for you. Firstly I've used varnishes and whatnot to seal the decal to allow painting over. As to shadowing haven't done much of that myself, only really basic shading, so only real thought would be using the same techniques watering down the paint and fading it away from the main spot in this case the decal.

Not too sure if that helps but don't have much else for you, thats all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts