Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
W.I.P. painting marines + paint types

hey guys, just wandering what paints y'all use? I personally use both GW paints and Vallejo. I prefer the smooth matt finish on vallejo paints, but prefer the consistency of the GW paints. What do you guys think? Heres a pic of mine using vallejo paint,(one on left) and GW. please dont slate me, its my first attempt painting in a few years. Think i went a bit heavy on the wash over the yellow, but im trying to develop my skills b4 i tackle the bulk of my flesh tearers. Comments and criticism welcomed + appreciated.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Hey mate,

I'll be honest and say i can't really tell the difference between the two paint types. I always use GW stuff myself, and have done for 14 or 15 years, so it's probably just down to habit.

I can't offer any advice on painting yellow I'm afraid. I tried once, using a black wash for the shading and was pretty happy with the result, but I can never stray away from grey for too long :)

Keep up the good work.

Rev

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use both GW and Vallejo, too. GW paints are easier to get hold of for me, but if I'm somewhere that has Vallejo paints, I'll buy those instead.

I prefer the Vallejo bottles. I don't like actually USING them, but I find they last a bit longer than the pots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.