Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FAQ states that no matter how a unit is destroyed is a unit with Power from Pain destroys it, it gains a pain token. If a unit starts falling back because a unit with Power from Pains and it runs off the table does the unit gain one? It came up in a tournament.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Hmm, better question: if 2 or more DE units surround and trap a fleeing unit do they all get a pain token, or do none of them?

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Hmm, better question: if 2 or more DE units surround and trap a fleeing unit do they all get a pain token, or do none of them?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
i would again go with "none of them". you basically have to either shoot the enemy to bits & goo, or slash the enemy into pieces of KFC..."i would like a 10-piece meal of SMs please, oh and extra legs."

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hate to spoil everyones guessing attempt but:

EEEHHHHH!!! WROONG!!

From the DE FAQ:

Q: If a unit with the Power from Pain special rule
destroys an enemy unit, does it gain a pain token no
matter how the unit was destroyed? For example the
resultant explosion from shooting at a vehicle wipes
out an enemy unit. (p25)
A: Yes.
So, if you make them run off the table, you get a pain token (seeing as the BRB says they count as destroyed when falling off the table).
Although with Tim/Steve's example I would only give the token to the unit causing them to flee. If they fled due to panic caused by multiple units shooting, I would just roll a dice to see who gets the token. Giving it to them all seems like cheating.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
yeah only one pain token is ever given out, and is given to the unit of DE that "caused" the death of said unit, which includes blowing up a vehicle to wipe the squad out, running them off the table edge / massacreing, and the like.

in the rare event of something like multiple units shooting to make a unit flee off the board edge, I would either give it to the last unit to shoot the unit, or roll off.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hate to spoil everyones guessing attempt but:

EEEHHHHH!!! WROONG!!

From the DE FAQ:

So, if you make them run off the table, you get a pain token (seeing as the BRB says they count as destroyed when falling off the table).
Although with Tim/Steve's example I would only give the token to the unit causing them to flee. If they fled due to panic caused by multiple units shooting, I would just roll a dice to see who gets the token. Giving it to them all seems like cheating.
:read:

Nice! You told them all, at Once !

As a Dark Eldar Player, this was news to me, dont know how I missed it, since Im vigourously reading the Codex/BRB/FAQ each time im at the crapper, but this eluded me,

Thanks for enlightining me, danish dude !:eek:k:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts