Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I had a game of Fantasy with two friends and my girlfriend and due to some nasty casualties, two High Elf units were fleeing pretty much side-by-side. I charged into the flank of one of these with a single Daemonette and the rules were pretty clear here that the unit gets wiped out. Seemed a bit overkill, but alright... We then followed the rules for over-running and my Daemonette kept going. Straight into the next fleeing unit. Is this considered also charging the fleeing unit? The way we played it is that the daemonette destroyed both fleeing units and also moved a total of a ridiculous 2-3 feet that turn. It was quite funny, but seems stupidly OP... Especially for 1 Daemonette.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not from the way I'm reading what you posted...

I'm no rules guru, but the only time a unit gets completely removed is when the unit that beats it in combat rolls higher then it on the 2d6 overrun/flee roll. They should've just gotten into combat again, since I assume they were fleeing from a previous turn.

The daemonettes only should've been allowed to overrun if there was an unfought combat remaining.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
It should have gone this way:

1) Deamonettes Charge Fleeing unit.
2) Target unit MUST declare a FLEE reaction. Rolls it's flee distance.
3) Charging unit may Choose to redirect or continue the charge.
4) If he continues the charge, and manages to reach the fleeing unit, the unit is destroyed.
5) If you redirect into the 2nd fleeing unit, it must declare a FLEE reaction.
6) If the roll is not good, you can destroy the unit you redirected to. But there's no way to destroy both units.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok, not to make things extra complicated...

Say I charge the first unit that flees, I decide to continue the charge.
If the unit gets away, or if I catch it, what happens if I roll high enough to get in contact with the second (also fleeing) unit?
Does that one get destroyed automatically? can it also declare a charge reaction (altho it is not actually charged...

curious...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts