Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been curious about this Ctan because is in the warp, but from my understanding the ctan cant live in the warp. so if someone can clear this up for me that would be great. the pic is a rough sketch of what i imagine he could look like.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
He`s not in the warp. He`s imprisoned in a dyson sphere constructed by the eldar during the war in heaven. It is like a stasis prison, seperating him from the rest of the galaxy so he can do no harm.

Current fluff says that he will soon escape.

btw, did you draw that?

EDIT: ninja`d! Bloody Spikey!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i sketched it out i was under the impression he was in the warp so i wanted him to appear evil. also i read some fluff saying he was crazed because he had eaten so many other Ctan so i wanted faces to be coming out of his body the arm pulling the face off his head represents the internal battle to keep control of his self and the arm projecting the faces that look like they are going to eat something are thought up of a way i could see him comsuming souls. i like the idea of his weapon being his body instead of an actual weapon like the nightbringers sythe. but yea it was a quick sketch i wanted a basic outline of him so i could draw in full detail. plus i didnt have a pencil on me so i used a pen. but yea i like him. didnt know what others would think so i put it on the post to get feed back.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
It`s a great picture. I`m a bit of a sketch artist myself.

I have to admit, it`s not how I envisaged the Outsider but it does make a lot of sense.

His insanity due to consuming the other c`tan is attributed to either he didn`t destroy them enough when he fed, so they torture him from within, or that he has been driven mad with guilt at destroying his fellows. I`m undecided on that myself.

It wouldn`t have anything to do with the warp, because a c`tan has no power or influence over that realm.

If only my software was up to the task of uploading images, I`d be submitting more than a few pics myself. I`d love to see the finished version when you have it up. :victory:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea ill probablly work on that for a while ever since i graduated its been hard to find pencils. might have to go buy a pack, since i have no progress. but yea ill post the pic when im finnished. thats cool you sketch i use to draw all the time until sports got more demanding at school, damn football practice was 6 hours sometimes. but i have been painting a drawing a lot lately. its nice to spend time making something that you think looks cool. yea i just used my scaner for this pic but im afraid when i run my penciled pic through it will lighten up the shading and lines will fade. but whatever if not all just take a pic with my camera.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts