Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished watching the film months after the rest of the world did and I couldnt help wondering throughout the film what the Imperium's reaction to Pandora would be. Viral bombing from orbit? Sending in the guard to get rid of all those annoying blue folk to get at the ore? Send in the Ordos to exterminate the Xenos?

Whatever the case no more blue buggers left :eek:k:

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hopefully it would destroy the terrible plot of that movie along with the planet along with my memory of ever seeing it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
A funnyer way would be a chaos daemon incursion.
Think of it, tainted na' vi and corrupted Eywa. Wolud be awesome

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
It would take a regiment of Catachans all afternoon to murderise every smurf on Pandora, and they'd laugh the whole time.

Now that's a film I'd pay to see.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Probably purge the planet from orbit with virus bombs. It'd be declared a death world quick and if the ore was that damn valuable they'd just virus bomb it until nothing is left then set up mining operations when the virus dies down.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Simple. Purge the xenos!. Then bring in humans to recolonize the world, which would easily class as a Death World. Maybe it could even house a Space Marine chapter.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Fifty marines oughtta do it. Maybe a dreadnought to help, just to be sure.

EDIT: Not ultramarines though! That would be too confusing!

·
Registered
323 Posts
They would send 40ks version of blue smurfs (ultramarines) against pandoras version of blue smurfs.

On my mark

Let the chaos begin.......

Cue lots of bloter shots...... = one claimed land for the imperium

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Theres something I don't get, why do so many of you think that the first response would be exterminatus/virus bombing? That makes a world unusable for some time, and runs the risk of destroying anything valuable on the planet.

Its a last resort option, used when its the only choice left; not the first choice when you encounter an alien life form on a world where you find valuable resources to be taken. What do you think the Imperium did during the Great Crusade? Turn every world with alien or dissenting life into a lifeless ball? No they wiped out the problem and took the planet as their own; would be the exact same thing here.

If the Imperium found this world, they would send in an Imperial force largely consisting of the guard and navy, with some eclessiarchy and mechanicus elements, and take the planet by force because colonizing the stars is 'the divine right of humanity.'

·
Registered
548 Posts
10 foot tall blue hippies meet 10 foot tall armor encased genetically modified killing machines. ><

This is possibly the plot of the move.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Theres something I don't get, why do so many of you think that the first response would be exterminatus/virus bombing? That makes a world unusable for some time, and runs the risk of destroying anything valuable on the planet.

Its a last resort option, used when its the only choice left; not the first choice when you encounter an alien life form on a world where you find valuable resources to be taken. What do you think the Imperium did during the Great Crusade? Turn every world with alien or dissenting life into a lifeless ball? No they wiped out the problem and took the planet as their own; would be the exact same thing here.

If the Imperium found this world, they would send in an Imperial force largely consisting of the guard and navy, with some eclessiarchy and mechanicus elements, and take the planet by force because colonizing the stars is 'the divine right of humanity.'
I haven't seen the movie so correct me if I'm wrong but is their anything on Pandora the Imperium would want other than unobtanium(god I hate that name)? The air there is un-breathable by humans and from what I'm read the whole bio-sphere is linked by a hive-mind that will sic every lifeform on the planet on any invaders. Turning it into a life-less rock would only make mining easier :victory:

Personally, I say send in the Deathwatch, cleansing alien filth is their specialty. Other than that, nothing beats the entertainment value of an Exterminatus. It's so rarely necessary, but so often fun:spiteful:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
...I'd love to watch the 'nids go to town. All that fauna? If they had the ability to show emotion, I'm sure it would translate to "OMFG...NOM NOM NOM"
+1 Rep for that man I literally lol'ed

I think that is going in my sig as well dude xD

1 - 20 of 28 Posts