Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about how I could get away with (or make) a Ork Looted Land Speeder which is being suspended by a Balloon. I just started playing orks and I thought it would be cool to have an old fashioned balloon holding up a land speeder, with orks about ready to bail out of it.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
WHat is the vehical going to represent game wise?

If its a truck I would say use the storm. For the ballon, you could always start with one of the balls you find in kids playpits. They are not too large and fairly light. You would need to make it balloon shapped by extending the bottom with a cone of plastic card. Use wire as the rope attaching to the speeder.

Im looking forward to seeing this come to life. Keep us up to date with WIP pictures.

·
Registered
47 Posts
well for starters i would go for the landspeeder storm as it has more room for your boyz to fit in.. i`m not sure how you would do the baloon though, maybe somthing out of papermache.. good luck though, can`t wait to see some pics

·
Registered
836 Posts
You could go with a whole bunch of balloons in a mass, like the guy from 'Up' did it.

but you would need to build it around a solid base and add balloons to the outside. no need to make a cloud of individually set up balloons.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool Ideas, I will keep you posted...and ad som pics as I get this together it will be a while in the works...I like the playpin ball idea.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love this idea. I'd find it funnier if it were an Eldar vehicle - The amazing technology they have levitating a grav tank, and the Orks are just ignoring that and holding it up with a balloon :D

I would also investigate holding the balloon on with metal wires, maybe a coat-hanger. Hook it into the ball, maybe drill into the speeder. That way it would be strong enough to withstand foolish people picking it up wrong...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts