Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i don't know if i wish to play orks or 13th co. i made a poll in another part of the forum so go have a look if you want.

HQ
Warboss - 95 pts
- power klaw
- eavy armour
- Twin linked shotta

Weirdboy - 55 pts

Elites
10 tankbustas - 165 pts
- 3 bomb sqigs

Troops
20 ork boys - 160 pts
- 2 x rockets
- nob
- power klaw
- boss pole
- eavy armour

20 ork boys - 160 pts
- 2 x rockets
- nob
- power klaw
- boss pole
- eavy armour

Fast attack
15 stormboyz - 215 pts
- nob
- power klaw

15 stormboyz - 215 pts
- nob
- power klaw

6 warbikes - 185 pts
- nob
- power klaw

Heavy support
2 killa cans - 120 pts
- 2 x rockets
- 2 x armour plates

2 killa cans - 120 pts
- 2 x rockets
- 2 x armour plates

1,490 pts

well this is my first time making up a Ork list ever so i'm not sure what there good and bad at.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
It's not bad. I'd only take one unit of stormboyz in favor of more bikers, I think, but that's personal preference. Since you're not using all three of your heavy slots, you might as well break up one of the two units of Kans into two individuals, just so that you have a little more flexibility with them. I'd also lose the 'eavy armour on the nobs... they're going to be the last ones out of a unit of 20 models before they get to use that, and those points can be spent to bring more boyz. Doesn't really matter if the units are a nice round number... you just need green bodies to take the shots as you run across the field.

Also-- upgrading the weirdboy to a warphead is a really good buy-- I'd see if you can't squeeze that in somehow.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i made this list based on speed what one out of the 2 is more fun to play on both ends of the field

Warboss - 105 pts
- bike
- ‘eavy armour
- big choppa

ELITES
4 Nobz - 255 pts
- bikes
- 3 big choppa
- power klaw
- 4 ‘eavy armour
- WAAAGGHHH banner

TROOPS

6 warbikes - 195 pts
- nob
- power klaw
- boss pole

6 warbikes - 195 pts
- nob
- power klaw
- boss pole

6 warbikes - 195 pts
- nob
- power klaw
- boss pole

Fast Attack
3 war buggies - 120 pts
- 3 rokkit launcha
- both red paint job

3 war buggies - 120 pts
- 3 rokkit launcha
- both red paint job

3 deffkoptas - 135 pts
- 3 rokkit launcha

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
First list: toss the kans. They're far too weak to be taking on all of your enemy's anti-tank firepower. Bring the stormboyz up to 20 if you're going to use them, they will lose too many to be effective otherwise. Also, lose the shoota on your warboss, it's not worth losing the extra attack to get a couple crappy shots. The warphead upgrade is also worthwhile. If you're worried about not having ranged anti-tank (and rightfully so), I highly recommend taking 3 kannons in separate units as your HS choices. Tankbustas generally aren't worthwhile. If you've got them rolling around in a battlewagon in an army that has a bunch of other vehicles, they're alright. Lootas are better at killing anything up to armor 12 and you can stick them in nice cover to keep them alive and they have better range and they're better at killing infantry/MCs. If you want to keep the kans you're going to need more vehicles than the enemy has anti-tank weapons, and then it's not usually worth it.

Second list: Not bad. You need wazdakka to take warbikers as troop choices though. Warbikers work best in bigger units, preferably 12 to use mob rule, so you'll want to combine your 3 units of 6 into 2 units of 9. Use the missing nob to buy a painboy for your nobs (with grot orderly). Join wazdakka to them to take advantage of FNP as well. Your nob bikers don't need 'eavy armor if they have a bike because the bike gives a 4+ armor save. Once again I'd also drop the warbuggies because they'll be taking the entirety of your opponent's anti-tank weaponry and cannot survive such treatment. Deffkoptas can take advantage of cover better and can turboboost to get an invulnerable save. It would be better to switch your warbuggies to deffkoptas. Any points left over should probably be put into expanding your nob squad or biker squads or possibly to buy some big gunz (though you have an adequate amount of anti-tank).

In general: Orks are good at melee and can be good at shooting (your warbikers can dakkagun any units they don't want to melee pretty effectively). Hidden powerklaws are the orks' greatest melee weapon (5 str 9 attacks on the charge). Orks are bad at killing armored skimmers like holofield falcons and hammerheads moving fast from the front. Orks are also bad at killing heavy tanks (their best reliable ranged weapons are str 8), however, orks can kill those tanks effectively with powerklaws. Monoliths are just beyond orks to kill for the most part. A warboss with an attack squig, powerklaw, and bike can reasonably expect 1 str 10 hit against it on a charge, and that's really the best that the orks can do.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well this lis is using a mix of the 2 lists above, i'm not sure if i should use more boyz or use tank hunters with instead.

HQ
Warboss - 100 pts
- power klaw
- attack squig

Weirdboy - 85 pts
- Warphead

Troops
20 ork boys - 160 pts
- 2 x rockets
- nob
- power klaw
- boss pole
- eavy armour

20 ork boys - 160 pts
- 2 x rockets
- nob
- power klaw
- boss pole
- eavy armour

20 ork boys - 160 pts
- 2 x rockets
- nob
- power klaw
- boss pole
- eavy armour

Fast attack
20 stormboyz - 325 pts
- Boss zagstruck

9 warbikes - 260 pts
- nob
- power klaw

4 deffkoptas - 180 pts
- 4 rokkit launcha

Heavy support
Big Guns - 20 pts
- Kannons

Big Guns - 20 pts
- Kannons

Big Guns - 20 pts
- Kannons

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'd also recommend giving your warboss a bike if possible. Then again, I'm in love with my 12"/24" move, str 10 (ignoring armor), t5(6), 6/7 attack combat monster. It's like a carnifex that can turboboost.

For your footslogging boyz, I'd recommend making them shootas. It gives them a larger threat range, and I've been able to wipe even marines from the board with relative ease with them.

'eavy armor on the nobs in the boyz squads is also less than useful since their armor is really the boyz around them. How likely is it that that 4+ save, even if you have to use it, will be useful? warbiker nob could use a bosspole too.

Other than that, I think you've got a proper WAAAGH! on your hands there. Personally I prefer 2 squads of 30 over 3 of 20 to make maximum use of mob rule as well. 20man squads tend to fall into the range of not being fearless more often.

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
For your footslogging boyz, I'd recommend making them shootas. It gives them a larger threat range, and I've been able to wipe even marines from the board with relative ease with them.
1/3 of all the S4 shots hitting, thats still 10 good chance wounds to roll from a 20 boy mob.

As Culler says, get some shootas in there. Don't underestimate the humble shoota now, as an assault weapon I think the offset for attack loss is actually worth it. With possibly 2 rounds of shooting whilst you advance to combat, lots of shots going in will whittle down (even MEQs) the number of enemy hits in the first phase, leaving you the chance of having more boyz left to reply. Most armies are still going to strike the Orks first anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts