Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My second game of the night with SBrook129 (Steve) our first 2k game was done and dusted in 2 hours, usually takes me 4 hours! Second game now, here's the report. Oh, you'll have to bare with me as I didn't take any pictures so this is from memory.

Orks 'Ead Manglers Lads - 2,000 points

HQ

1 x Warboss power klaw, attack squig & cybork body

1 x Big Mek burna, kustom force field & cybork body

Elite

5 x Lootas

5 x Lootas

5 x Nobz w/ Battlewagon power klaw, 3 x big choppas, waaagh! Banner, bosspole, cybork bodies & Painboy - Wagon w/ rokkit & deffrolla

Troops

5 x Nobz w/ Battlewagon power klaw, 3 x big choppas, waaagh! Banner, bosspole, cybork bodies & Painboy - Wagon w/ big shoota

20 x Shoota Boyz Nob w/ power klaw & boss pole

Fast Attack

1 x Deffcopter 1 x twin-linked rokkits & 1 x buzzsaw

1 x Deffcopter 1 x twin-linked rokkits & 1 x buzzsaw

Heavy Support

1 x Battlewagon rokkit & deffrolla

Total: 2,000

Death Guard - 2,000 points

HQ

Daemon Prince - wings, MoN & doombolt

Daemon Prince - wings, MoN doombolt

Troops

8 x Plague Marines - 2 x meltaguns - Champion w/ power fist

7 x Plague Marines - 2 x plasma guns

7 x Plague Marines - 2 x plasma guns

Heavy Support

Predator - twin-linked lascannon & lascannon sponsons

Vindicator - siege shield & twin-linked bolter

3 x Obliterators

Game: Annilation & Pitched Battle

Deployment:

Steve won the roll off and went first; probably to stop me getting in a alpha strike with my Deffkopters ;) . He deployed his troops across the board with the tanks behind infantry.

I deployed next, I left my Lootas in the same ruins they was previous game and hid majority of Battlewagons behind the ruin in the centre of my deployment zone, they are all in KFF range. I deployed the 'Kopters were I did previous game, behind another ruin but out of terrain.

*Tactical Notes

Ok Steve is on foot now and got two vehicles. I don't really fancy scouting those Deffkopters and then withering the storm to get to those tanks, which will probably move. I'll hang the 'Kopters back and everything else and wait till he comes to me. Hopefully I can target those Princes and torrent them in my shooting phase, they can move the fastest and will be a threat.

Turn 1

Steve moves his Predator to draw LOS better on a Battlewagon sticking out from behind terrain. He moves and runs his troops into centre fielding placing one unit on my left flank in terrain, two units in the centre in terrain and a unit on my right flank behind a tower, a Daemon Prince supports the unit by the tower and another comes up the centre landing in terrain but passing dangerous terrain tests ok.

Obliterators which were deployed this game in the Shrine ruin rain down plasma cannons on my Lootas in the centre ruin, luckily one Obliterators gets hot! so it doesn't fire. I lose two Lootas after cover saves, they take fire from the Prince which chips them down to two remaining - they pass morale, luckily. Predatoor fires at exposed Battlewagon but no damage.

My first movement and only thing I do is scoot the Deffkopters so in LOS and range of that Prince which just blasted my Lootas.

Shooting I torrent the Prince with everything I can but when it's all said done the Prince remains with a single wound.

*Tactical Notes

Ok I failed to kill the Prince, but I blaming poor Loota rolls and a very slimmed down unit for that! lol. More shots = more wounds. Though, the rokkits from Deffkopters and some Wagons managed to chip wounds away at the Prince got no cover and failed invulnerables.

Turn 2

Plague Marine squads on left and right flank move up, still out of range for shooting. Centre squads hold position in the ruin while wounded Prince legs it.

Shooting Obliterators fail another gets hot! roll and reduce the Loota unit from 2 down to 1, squads in the middle of the board in terrain fire bolters at the last Loota but fail to wipe it out, the Loota fails morale and legs it anyway.

My movement turn and I'm still going to let the Death Guard come closer to me, see they are now in a bad position, too far away to shoot me and if they move out I will assault them and where they are I can assault them, but no deffrollas to use though due to range. Only movement from me is Deffkopters and single Wagon moves towards Plague Marines on the right flank, Boyz bail out ready to slice and dice.

Shooting Lootas nail the wounded Prince. Boyz and Kopters fire at the Plague Marines killing one.

In assault Kopters and Boyz assault the Plague Marines, two Boyz killed all Plague Marines wiped out.

Kill points are Death Guard 1: Orks 2

*Tactical Notes

Ok due to unit placement I should be able to deal with this army piecemeal and then a final assault frontal charge. The right flank is now clear, minus a cowardly Daemon Prince hiding behind the tower ruin.

From in game conversation the Death Guard are going to stay in entrenched positions, so I'm gonna go to them - one unit of Boyz will charge the left flank but unlucky rolls will see me fail to get into assault. Warboss and unit and Nobz troops will assault the centre units while the Boyz in the other two Wagons will provide fire support. I want to use the Deffkopters to tackle the vehicles but they are some distance away.

Turn 3

No movement from Death Guard this turn.

Obliterators have nothing to shoot at this turn, Predator unleashes lascannons at the Battlewagon it can see straight across the board but no damage, Vindicator has more luck and scores weapon destroyed on the Battlewagon which the Boyz just bailed out of and murdered some Plague Marines.

In my turn I move Battlewagons out of terrain ok, all Orks bail out ready to assault. Battlewagon which keeps getting shot at by the Predator moves 6" to lend fire support while Battlewagon with the blown off rokkit pviots and moves while the Boyz jump pack in to lend fire support. Deffkopters had consolidated into terrain move out ok and towards a unit of plasma Plague Marines in a crater.

Orks on the left flank fire into the Plague Marines and kill one. Nobz unit and Warboss unit fire pistols into units in the centre terrain piece, no damage, Boyz in the Wagon which moved 6" fire at the unit the Warboss is going to assault and kill one dirty Plague Marine. Deffkopters fire at Plague Marines in the crater along with fire support from the Boyz which just got back into the Battlewagon, only a single P.M is killed after failing cover from a rokkit.

In assault the Boyz on the left flank charge, take a single wound and hammer the Plague Marines leaving just the power fist Champion remaining. Nobz charge unit of Plague Marines, two Nobz wounded and few Plague Marines killed, combat remains. Warboss, Big Mek and Nobz charge the Plague Marines in the centre also and wipe them out, they cosolidate towards the other side of their Battlewagon away from the Prince hiding behind the tower. Deffkopters slim down the Plague Marines taking no wounds and leaving two Plague Marines standing.

Kill points are Plague Marines 1: Orks 3

* Tactical Notes

Ok this is going well, left flank has a single Plague Marine to tackle and I'm sure I can do that. Centre ruin has a single Plague Marine unit which should fall soon. Right flank just the Prince which my Lootas cannot see, and in the crater just two Plague Marines left. Just need to mop up the armour which I'll do with deffrollas and try and glance with Lootas hoping to get weapon destroyed or stunned would be nice. Then mass charge the Obliterators and job is a good un.

Turn 4

Little movement from Plague Marines, Daemon Prince finally moves out to tackle the Battlewagon other side of the tower.

Shooting the Vindicator blasts the Wagon near the Prince and scores immobilised. Predator blasts the Battlewagon as usual but scores no damage, again. Obliterators rain down plasma cannons on the Warboss and Nobz, one gets hot! and the unit takes two wounds after failing saves.

In assault the single Plague Marine on the left flank is killed. Nobz and Plague Marines battle it out, a Nob is killed but the fight remains on. Deffkopters fail to do anything and pay by getting smashed by a power fist. Daemon Prince charges the immobilised Battlewagon and wrecks it.

In the Ork turn I pop the Warboss & Co back into their Battlewagon. I send the Battlewagon which keeps getting blasted by the Predator up the centre to tank shock the Plague Marines, but only manages to kill one leaving a sole survivor. Boyz which got busted out the Battlewagon by the Daemon Prince get ready to take aim, Boyz on the left flank jump back into their Battlewagon which moves 12".

Boyz fire at the Daemon Prince which leaves it with two wounds remaining. A rokkit from the Warbosses Battlewagon finishes off that solo Plague Marine. Battlewagon on the left flank smashes the deffrolla into the Vindicator and pops it. Lootas fire at the Predator scoring weapon destroyed and losing the twin-linked lascannon and score crew shaken on it.

In assault the Nobz take more wounds and slay more Plague Marines, Nobz lose combat leaving two left but remain in the fight. Daemon Prince squishes too Boyz but takes a wound leaving just one left.

Kill points are Death Guard 4: Orks 4

*Tactical Notes

Ok extremely bad idea getting the Warboss and Nobz into the Battlewagon, they should have charged and supported the other Nobz unit. I guess that Nobz unit hasn't got a lot of hitting power. Gutted the Prince didn't go down as well, ah well next turn should finish it off.

Next turn I'm hoping to slay the Daemon Prince, smash the Vindicator with a deffrolla and charge those Plague Marines which will wipe out all troop choices then.

Turn 5

Vindicator pivots to target the Warbosses Battlewagon, that's the only movement this turn from Death Guard.

Shooting Obliterators fire lascannons at the Warbosses Battlewagon but score no damage.

In assault my Nobz are slaughtered and destroyed by a power fist.

In my movement phase I send the Battlewagon on the left flank across which ploughs into the Predators side armour and scores immobilised. Warboss and Nobz bail out the Battlewagon ready to charge the Plague Marines. Battlewagon in the centre moves up towards the base of the Shrine ruin, Boyz bail out and run throught terrain up to the first floor.

Shooting the Lootas target the Predators weak side armour and fire scoring immobilised and two weapon destroyed results, it's already immobilised so it's destroyed.

In assault the Boyz finish off the Daemon Prince, the Warboss and Nobz kill the Plague Marines and the Boyz in the Shrine run (I used Waaagh! in the shooting turn btw) and make assault, they go at the same time as the Obliterators delivering 58 attacks! When the dust has settled two Boyz get smashed by power fists though two Obliterators bite the dust from Boyz attacks and another is I.D'd by the Nobz power klaw!

Orks win, tabling the Death Guard.

Summary

Second time I've used this list tonight getting a really good feel for it.

I've now got some more love for deffrollas, they are actually not so bad - perhaps I had bad luck with mine? Though I did only use one and not four! Though out the two games they destroyed two Rhinos, Daemon Prince, 2 x Vindicators, Plague Marines and a Predator - not bad!

I'm liking the double Nobz units though the troop choice one badly needs another body in there, so I'll have to drop two deffrollas to squeeze him in as they need to be unique ;) .

I'm dropping rokkitas on Battlewagons, they are not that good I think through out two games probably scored about 3 kills and nothing on vehicles.

Loota units are fine and two Deffkopters for alpha strike works ok too.

Mistakes in this game I should have piled the Warboss and Nobz unit he was attached with straight into the fight with the other Nobz instead of getting them back in the Battlewagon as they did F-all that turn, would have saved myself a loss of a unit.

Steve did ok, I think without his Rhinos his lost mobility for the sake of 3 kill points. Without his mobility he was stuck centre field without range and without anyway of getting close, I just pulled up and let it rip. Also, I think ti was turn 3 or turn 4 but he didn't move his Daemon Prince from behind the tower, if he did this he could have charged my Boyz which were out of the Battlewagon and cause more wounds on them instead of them shooting at him and then assaulting.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Hmmmm... After reading the two lists for Death Guard and adding up the points for a 2000 Pt game, it would seem that the DG is 125 Pts light in the second game, Doombolt instead of WT on DP saves 20 Pts. The Lack of Rhinos is 105 Pts. Everything else is the exact same. Thats 125 Pts missing for DG. No wonder he was tabled easily.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Ive done that in Games a few times now. I miss out on 185 Pts worth of Termies cause they DS. In a Game against a Tau (Which I barely won) and a recent 2v2 where I was barely able to tie. All Because when my Termies DS, and I dont use them often, I forget their apart of my list till the games over and relize I never rolled for my Termies. It happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts