Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will probably start my next army some time soon, and I want it to just be something like CHARGE, KILL, MAIM, BURN, SLAUGHTER, KILL, CHARGE!

You know, that sort of thing. So, I am not sure whether I should go for Orks or Tyranids.

All advice appreciated (except for 'buy the codexes' - I don't have the money:().

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm... Hard choice... Imperial Guard or Daemonhunte... Wait what? XENO SIGHTED! "Yes brother captain, exterminating..."
lol

My bro is doing BA so I don't really want to do it as well. Space marines in general I don't like. If you are going to do them, do an obscure chapter, or a non Codex one.

Getting back on track, the main reason I'm not sure is that I like the fluff for both armies, and they can both just go and swamp the enemy in numberless hordes.
Individually, Ilike the tyranids because you can use lots of little guys and some huge guys.
I like the orks because of their sheer orkiness.

Problem is, I can't decide between the two.

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
search116, how are tyranids not good anymore? And how are they expensive? 10 orks for £15, and 12 hormagaunts/termagants for £15. Also, the monstrous creatures are quite a few pts, so you will only need one or two. Why would tyranids be extremely expensive?

OBTGOG, thats one of the problems, tyranids I would do because I like the models and the fluff, but orks are just soo, orky. Personally, if I had to choose the race I liked the most based on fluff, it would be orks.

I would just go for orks, but something about tyranids seems to attract me for some reason...

· Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks tons for all the advice, especially you morfangdakka, + rep for that. :) However, I am now thinking about Daemons.:shok: I know you all think I should do orks, but daemons look cool as well, both fluff wise and game wise. I was planning on doing a nurgle army backed up by some khorne. Any advice welcome.

P.S. Don't be surprised if I change my mind again. I think I have considered doing nearly every army in 40k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.