Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It occurred to me that I don't have any pictures up since my ill-fated project logs on my aborted Dark Eldar and Space Wolf armies.

Anyway, since I've proved myself incapable of committing to an army, even with a plog, I thought I'd make a general thread and just kinda dump stuff here as and when.

It seems fitting to start with my most beloved, and largest project. This is Vic, my Ork centrepiece and Megadeth-themed Kustom Stompa. He needs his details painting, but most of the bodywork is done. I have loads of pictures of it during construction if you want more detail.

Stompa_12.jpg

Stompa_13.jpg

A Battlewagon conversion that I'm doing from an old Chaos Land Raider I got from a friend.

Battlewagon_2.jpg

My attempt at a Ghazghkull model. Metal's a bitch.

Warboss_1.jpg

From simple acorns...

Boyz_1.jpg

Great Ork trees grow!

Boyz_5.jpg

A decidedly un-Orky rendition of Fabulous Bill. I use him as an Inquisitor to ally with my Dark Angels army:

Fabulous_Style_3.jpg

And more to come!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Vic is awesome :victory: Looks really orky and i'll look forward to seeing him finished up.

I like the colours on fabius but think he could use a wash on the metals and the flesh.

Nice stuff so far, keep it up!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did some more work on the Rattlehead; all the boring stuff is now done, just going to add details and find a way of fixing the Wrecka Ball on more permanently

Stompa_15.jpg

Stompa_16.jpg

Stompa_17.jpg

I am aware that the checkers have brush marks and look generally pretty poor, but I figured that they'd have been painted on by a Grot with a stepladder using a tin of Gork knows what, likely while the Stompa was in motion and firing every gun it can. While under, or indeed on, fire.

Also a picture of an actual Battlewagon I bought - I've since added a pair of gunners, but this is pretty much up-to-date.

Battlewagon_6.jpg

Painted a pair of Dakkajets too; as soon as I get a decent day for taking pictures I'll get some images up on here.

EDIT: Ugh, that first Stompa picture is awful. I'll get another one soon.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Battlewagon_8.jpg

Battlewagon gunner.

Dakkajet_1.jpg

Waaagh! Plane.

Stompa_18.jpg

Terrible lighting awaaaaaaaay

Stompa_19.jpg

Stompa Kommanda.

Stompa_20.jpg

And I finally got the Rokkits done. Complete with graffiti, but I'm tempted to paint over the Orkish stuff and write 'Romanii', 'Ite' and 'Domum' from the top one to the bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts