Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Putting a small ork army together. Have 2x AoBR boxes so I wouldn't have to spend much on the rest...

HQ:
125 - Warboss - PK, Kombi-Skorcha, BP, AS, CB, EA
120 - Big Mek - KFF, Burna, CB, EA

Troops:
220 - Slugga Boyz Squad - Boyz x29, Nob, PK, BP
220 - Slugga Boyz Squad - Boyz x29, Nob, PK, BP

Fast Attack:
180 - Deffkoptas Squad - TLRL x4

Heavy Support:
135 - Killa Kans Squad - Big Shootas x3, Grot Riggers x3

If I need to hold a rear objective then I can shuffle things around to this...

HQ:
120 - Warboss - PK, Slugga, BP, AS, CB, EA
120 - Big Mek - KFF, Burna, CB, EA

Troops:
160 - Slugga Boyz Squad - Boyz x19, Nob, PK, BP
160 - Slugga Boyz Squad - Boyz x19, Nob, PK, BP
170 - Shoota Boyz Squad - Boyz x19, Big Shootas x2, Nob, PK, BP

Fast Attack:
135 - Deffkoptas Squad - TLRL x3

Heavy Support:
135 - Killa Kans Squad - Big Shootas x3, Grot Riggers x3

Pretty straight forward footslogging across the board. Boyz run behind the Kans, with the KFF providing cover to the mini-tide, and the Deffkoptas go after AV. Any thoughts or suggestions etc are appreciated. Basically I will need to buy 1x Big Mek, 2x Boyz Boxes (or battleforce box), and 1x Killer Kans Box (to keep in mind for alternatives).

Thanks,

Tak

:victory:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Your big Mek is kind of expensive, consider trimming down his cost.

And correct me if I’m wrong but grot riggers fix immobilization damage when your next turn begins right not when you take the damage? If that’s right then if you’re running the kans as a squad then immobilization will destroy the kan before the grots can fix it. Personally I’d drop the grots and big Shootas in favor of some Grotzookas(for same pnt cost I think) and if you do trim down the cost of the bik mek then consider using Rokkit launchers instead.

And while I think deff kopters are awesome, they might be problematic in this list due to the speed difference. Be mindful in how you move them around, because if you fly them ahead of your main force they will attract a lot more fire power and thus potentially be destroyed before they fulfill their goal. I’d like to say use lootas instead but that would be another $50 you’d have to spend so that’s probably out of the question.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So how about this then...

HQ:

103 - Big Mek - Shock Attack Gun, EA, Ammo Runt
90 - Big Mek - KFF, EA

Troops:

220 - Boyz Squad - Boyz x29, Nob, PK, BP
220 - Boyz Squad - Boyz x29, Nob, PK, BP
40 - Gretchin Squad - Gretchins x10, Runtherd
95 - Deff Dread - DCCW x2, RL x2
95 - Deff Dread - DCCW x2, RL x2

Heavy Support:
135 - Killer Kans Squad - DCCW x3, Grotzookas x3

2x Dreads and 3x Kans move across the board with 60 orks following right behind with the KFF. Shock Attack and gretchins sit on a rear objective. I don't expect them to last long but anything assaulting or shooting at them is not shooting at the rest i guess, heh.

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
If you're willing to pony up for the Deff Dredds then I would just get 6 more Kanz. IMO 3 Kanz w/BS3 are better in a HS slot than a Dredd. A 1000 pt. Kan Wall might look some thing like this. :picknose::eek:k:

KanWall1000

HQ: 95

Big Mek: Cybork Body; Kustom Force Field

Troops: 483

Shoota Boyz x 30: Nob w/PK&BP

Gretchin x 12: Runtherd

Heavy Support: 420

Killa Kanz x 3: Grotzookaz (x3)

Killa Kanz x 3: Grotzookaz (x3)

Killa Kanz x 3: Rokkitz (x3)

Total: 998

If you chose to use only 6 Kanz and use Lootaz for fire support. Check this one out. :victory:

KanLoota1000

HQ: 90

Big Mek: 'Eavy Armour; Kustom Force Field

Elite: 135

Lootas x 9

Troops: 495

Gretchin x 15: Runtherd

Heavy Support: 280

Killa Kanz x 2: Grotzookaz (x2)

Killa Kanz x 2: Grotzookaz (x2)

Killa Kanz x 2: Rokkitz (x2)

Total: 1000

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I think Takana might be using the space marine dreads from AoBR as converted deff dreads, since he mentioned having the box. If not, definitely go for kans over dreads (also not a lot of point in taking dreads as troops until your heavy support is full since vehicles can't hold objectives anyway.)

OrkbyGork's kan wall examples are what I'd steer you towards if you're wanting to combine Ork walkers with boyz mobs and KFF. However, I'd change the kans in the second list to be 2 mobs of 3 so the KFF can cover them all at once (by covering some members of the unit.) For the first list I'd make all the kans rokkit kans since there is no other ranged anti-armor in the army and lose some boyz to pay for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts