Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just finished painting all the figures that came with the Space Ork Battle Force (for the previous codex) - it's only taken me a year!

In it there's a 4 wheeled small truck/large buggy, with two seats at the front, and space in the back for a couple of troops or a Warboss. It's armed with what looks like a single big shoota. It's listed as a Wartrukk in the 2007 catalogue.

It's not in the new Codex (where the trukks are larger).

Does this mean I've an unusable piece? If not, what options do I have for using it?

·
Registered
589 Posts
If it's not in the new codex then I would say it's not legal in standard games, are there any vehicles in the dex that resemble it? If so, I suppose you just use counts as rules, and if not, well there's always Apocalypse.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Eh, it's a warbuggy. Anyone who won't let you use it as such is a tool and needs a kick in the crotch.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh, it's a warbuggy. Anyone who won't let you use it as such is a tool and needs a kick in the crotch.
A warbuggy in the new codex has a twin linked big shoota.

The "wartrukk" I have only has a single big shoota. I'll keep it as is and use it in local games I think.

·
Registered
112 Posts
you could always strap on another big shoota and have it be a buggy, after all, that's what orks do isn't it?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought about doing that - I'll have to see what remains from the Spearhead box set and see if I can get a big shoota (or a double set) from that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It is a wartruck. You could make a buggy out of it by adding twin-linked big shootas or rokkits.

Unless GW comes out with a statement that the older wartruck are no longer legal, I am going to use mine. Compare it to the size of the older rhinos. It is not that much smaller.

Use it for your trucks. That is what GW made it for.

Besides Orks don't have standard sizes for any vehicles. I am going to buy the new truck and use it for my Warboss.

Waaaaagh:mrgreen:

·
Registered
178 Posts
absolutely. it was a wartruck and it still is. nobody said otherwise. my friend has a huge old ork army with some new stuff spattered in. its all the same. look at the little orks drivin it. it was just smaller ork stuff.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i've seen a guy use a toy truck with a small pcp pipe on top, painted it red, then said this my battlewagon with a kannonlobba or whatever its called on it. I laughed and it was amazing because it was orky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts