Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a new ork player and have run into a problem with my warboss construction
models i see appear to be warbosses with a choppa and a kustom shoota
in the current codex a shoot is a 2 handed weapon and ork warboss's are not stated to have true grit, how is this so ?

·
Registered
157 Posts
A model can have a two handed weapon and a one handed weapon, they can use both. They will not benefit from having an extra attack in assault, which they would do with 2x one handed weapons.

Personally I run my warboss without any ranged weaponry but with a choppa and power klaw. Nice flexibilty in combat and great at carving his way into bunkers and vehicles :twisted:

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
That's the usual loadout-- choppa and claw. It's kunvershun time! You could order up Borgut Facebeater, scare up a round base, and order a power klaw bit to replace one of his choppas. Might take a little green stuff, but if you've got a GW store near you, they're quite happy to help, from what I've heard. There's not a GW in Indiana, so I can't really speak from experience on that one-- I deal entirely with independent retailers, who aren't half as interested in the hobby as GW stores (and unsurprisingly so, since, you know... it's GW's game...)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well personaly im thinking of using just a choppa and slugga then giving him More Dakka so he gets the +1 attack and still strikes initiative 4. If i gave him a power claw he wouldnt get the 'power of the waaaaaagh' bonus making him inititive 8. Maybe if i was sending him after tanks hed have a PC but i dont want him loosing an advantage in cc with anything with a higher number squad.

While im here is there any point point giving my Nob bodygaurd Uge choppas instead of powerclaws and choppas seeing as they strike last in combat anyway?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts