Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to paint something different from my normal clean(ish) marines, so thought I'd grab the ork warboss from AOBR that I didn't sell (Sold the rest 2 years ago....How time flies) Really enjoyed painting him, lots of detail you don't find on a marine,:wacko: Still a work in progress (Need to do wire on belt, wire from belt to power klaw, power toggle on belt, highlight boots more, boss pole thing, etc etc.

C & C very welcome as per the norm:grin:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has five mates, also nearly finished, ('Nobs from AOBR). Was going for tyranid for second army, but now green tide seems more fun, and thats mainly what its about. And orks can be more personal, compared to a bone, and red horde.....

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Very nice and clean. Can't wait to see the rest of the lads.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Absolutely beautiful mate, cheers! Could you post the pictures of the nobz i would love to see them. Also how did you paint the skin/red parts/ brownish pants

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the rep guys much appreciated, as for your question about how I painted the colours heres a quick break down (Note, the flash on this camera is harsh so the colours are more muted in the flesh/plastic)
Ork skin
Fountation gretchin green,
lightish devlan mud wash
Traka green wash (Lightish, well allow to pool)
(Will on next ones at this stage paint veins, lips, etc foundation pink? so they look like there popping?)
Second lightish traka green wash
Red
Foundation mech red
devlan mud wash
Mech red again, leaving brown of mud in recesses
4/1 Mech red, foundation orange, leaving layers of each
3/1 Mech red, foundation orange, leaving layers of each
Brown (boots)
Foundation brown
devlan mud wash
foundation brown
4/1 Foundation brown, deb stone (Well will be)
Trousers
Deb stone
Delvan mud
snakebite leather
dessert yellow
Devlan mud wash to bring together
(Was trying stuff out with this, not 100% set on this, so will change to make easier)
Silver
Boltgun
Heavy black wash
Delvan mud mixed with scourched brown added, washed into recesses
Light chainmail drybrush, not to much, I can't imagine orks polishing there armour, can you?

I am trying to do these orks mainly in foundation colours to make it easier to paint many boyz, and make them all the same in look. I plan on 180 boyz so quick painting is the order of the day.:wacko:

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
I like him, a couple of highlights on the pants would be ace! Or did the flash wash them out? DON"T USE FLASH!!!!! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts