Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be fielding some Biker goodness tonight, under the new Codex.

I think the codex is confusing because of the printing error.

I intend to operate them this way;

Dakkaguns, Assault 2 twin-linked, S5 AP4

Am I assuming twin linked?

or

2x dakkaguns for A4 (no re-roll)

PS
I know the loss of Psycho blastas is going to make a difference:(

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reference sheet is wrong. They're assault 3 18" str 5 ap 5 twin-linked (which is still ridiculous).
Oh;
I thought it was the other way round, with a cut n paste error in the main section reproducing the Big shoota stats......

Please, where did you get that confirmation, Culler?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the same problem, I go by what it says in the codex not the summary sheet. I am in the middle of a campaign and brought that up, everyone agreed that the summary was wrong and always go by what is in the codex.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
And if you notice the dakkagun has half the range of the big shoota, so it's not replicating stats, it's just a cut down version.

The general rule of thumb is that unit entries are correct and reference sheets carry less weight since the ref sheet is meant as a summary of the info in the book, not as a replacement for it. In fact, the ref sheet and the armoury entry both refer back to the warbike entry for how the weapons work.

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the concensus is .....

as per previous warbike big shoota rules R 18", A3 twin linked, S5 AP5

Not
Dakkaguns R 18", A2 twinlinked, S5, AP4

Clarification that the main description takes precedence over the summary (makes sense)

Thanks peeps

·
Mad Mek
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Follow on report

I played last night (a damn good game:victory:), and did not follow your advice.

The concensus at the club was the interpretation of the main section was in error and follow the description of the dakkaguns in the summary section; taking them as twin-linked.

So I went with my first idea.

Thanks for your comments anyway, but I'll follow this line until (if at all) GW FAQ the codex properly.

BTW
The change from big shootas (A3) and the loss of Psycho blastas & fearless, does make a hell of a difference to play ..... but they are still great to use:mrgreen:

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Too bad your gaming club doesn't know how things work properly. The summary sheet and the armoury entry both refer back to the main description. The main description is assumed to be correct in these situations.

But when in doubt, bow to the consensus to avoid conflict, I suppose.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dakkaguns are essentially half range twin-linked big shootas, so R18" S5 AP5 Assault 3, re-rolling misses ... where's the confusion?!

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
The confusion arises from the weapon summary page which gives incorrect stats. We've already been over it, determined the correct answer and, unfortunately, Churlton's group has already decided on a different answer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts