Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

can anyone help!! i have an 3000pts ork 40k army and it is crap so i have over the last three weeks stripped the paint and remodeled them. cause 1 its sucks and 2 i have to theme an army cause me and my friend are seeing who can theme the best army by the end of the school holidays.

anyway i need a theme or color or an idea to paint my orks around

thanks
ps "the oomiverse is green" lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
Can you be a little more specific as far as what you mean by theme. Do you mean going evil sunz or snakebites or something? Also what type of models do you have?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Conversions would be the way to go. That is why I didn't go Orks myself because I would never get the army done. As far as colors, go Slanesh Ork: Pink clothing on da greenskinz with scarves. Just kidding. Why not go with an urban cammo theme or somethin?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I saw some nifty 'British Orks' a friend did in desert-camo yellow, but with cigars, some Lee-Enfields and Stens lifted from historical figs, Union Jacks, and a heavily converted Sherman tank as a Looted Russ.

Red-skinned Chaos Orks (think Warcraft III) with various bits of Chaos iconography and mutations are another option.

Ork fluff hints that the Gretchin used to the be the master Ork race. Perhaps some Gretchin managed to reassert their dominance? Your HQ could be Grot Sorcerors (using Weirdboyz rules) modelled up to be floating and charged with power like some of the new WFB Wizards. Include a bunch of Killa Kans and maybe figure out a way to make the Nobz be Gretchin piloting some sort of exo-armour.

Ork Samurai? Why not. You could also convert the Kommandos to be Ork Ninjas in such an army.

·
Registered
466 Posts
mgtymouze- As far as colors, go Slanesh Ork: Pink clothing on da greenskinz with scarves. Just kidding.
This may have been a joke but .....why not or if not slannesh then why not another chaos power. I wanted to do a ork army dedicated to khorne but then a friend turned up with a nurgle ork army and this looked fantastic.

Think of any type of army and just ork-y-fy-it !

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Ork army themes:

Pirates, Red necks, Cooks/Chefs , Hybrid Nid and orks, Bandito's, (halloween, christmas, easter or similar holiday themed army), Surfer army the real green tidal wave, Circus theme, Killer Clowns, Postal Workers, and you can paint them whatever color seems appropriate to you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Omecronians! but i suppose a more simpler version
Capes!!!!!!!! [[fur da leedurs]]
and.. human horn!!!!!
[[good luck with that - maybe the green stuff?]]

makes for a more popular army

Futurama FTW!!!!!!

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
There's a guy I know with an army that's all looted IG. Russes, Platoons, Sentinels, Command Squads, etc. He uses the Guard rules with some Doctrines to help them be more "Orky"

-Dirge

·
Registered
132 Posts
swee you got a pic of these xmas orc's?
Sorry, I didn't really have a camera. I've asked to see it again, but someone broke one of his models last week and he's all protective of them now.

They were painted in red clothing with white trim, green skin (of course). The weapons had been done up so that they were either A) wrapped in paper w/bow or B) toys. The Vehicles were all modified sleigh of some variety or other, even one that might have actually been a Leman Russ once... that one is kind of hard to explain and didn't look quite right but it was still made of pure awesome.

·
Registered
517 Posts
What about a black metal-themed ork force? All black clothing, 50/50 bleached bone/skull white skin and scary black face-paint?

·
Registered
666 Posts
GRETCHIN WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO on a more serious note make the orks blue with tatoos like the weefree men off the terrypratchett books (surprisingly called the weefree men) :grin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts