Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after a long hiatus of Warhammer (and pretty much everything in life) due to work, I am finally returning. My ork collection has grown, originally starting at a 500 pt list and now reaching about 2700 pts in models. I sit here, daily and think what I could do to make these guys unique. . . when today, watching Sunday football it dawned upon me. So I decided to paint my orks up loosely based on the Oakland Raiders fans, a.k.a the Black Hole. Basically it'd be pretty dominant in black, silver and white with blood splattered on nearly everything, plus a grotesque amount of spikes and patched together sharp bits.

Heres a couple examples of face paint ideas I'm currently working on:

I was even debating putting crudely written numbers on their should pads, but I HIGHLY doubt Orks can count very well. . . the highest number would probably be 6. Anyway, let me know what you think! Any tips or ideas are welcome. I'll get picks soon of this Loota thats sitting in front of me.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
So, after a long hiatus of Warhammer (and pretty much everything in life) due to work, I am finally returning. My ork collection has grown, originally starting at a 500 pt list and now reaching about 2700 pts in models. I sit here, daily and think what I could do to make these guys unique. . . when today, watching Sunday football it dawned upon me. So I decided to paint my orks up loosely based on the Oakland Raiders fans, a.k.a the Black Hole. Basically it'd be pretty dominant in black, silver and white with blood splattered on nearly everything, plus a grotesque amount of spikes and patched together sharp bits.

i love the idea. I think this more tribal face paint will work best for orks as kind of an interesting snake bite army idea.
Also the guy in the pic was one that I had photographed many times when the raiders where in Los Angeles. Really nice guy so I'm kind of partial to him. I would go for the numbers written on things. Maybe the weird boyz told them they were lucky numbers or something. The orks don't understand them but they think they are lucky. I would do the black on the top shirts and do the silver or white for the pants so that it will show the dirt, mud and blood better. Black on the pants makes them look unpainted. Good luck can't wait to see the test models.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The paint sceme works. I have done yellow face paint on some of my orks. I also have units in field grey and German helmets. I also thought Confederate orks in kepis would look nice! Scottish highlander orks in kilts would work too! James

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right now I'm pondering names while I paint. . . my girlfriend says "Orkland Raidaz" .....:laugh:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
This is a great idea. Orkland raidaz works well (maybe a bloodbowl team as it sounds familar).

Dont go overboard with the blood splatters though. Now go and paint some quick quick so we can see them :)

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
This should look really good, i've included this sorta style facepaint on some of my mobs as i've been doing them with a rock/punk theme running through and figured why not paint some up like Kiss and insane clown posse. I also have one painted to look like the Joker from batman. The only problem i have is that the skin is more wrinkley for orks making accutare linework a litttle harder.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
the Orkland raiders were a BB team that i think featured in the fluff in the 2nd edition, the guy in the top picture is painted as darth maul but white were it would be red.

Anyway i say go for it, orks have a tradition of war paint, though i think it tended to be blue, but if your going black and white then please for the love of everything orky do orks in KISS make up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts