Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey
i usually play against orks whose main tactics is to load trucks and storm across the board.
my units i use are:
DP wings nurgle rot
DP wings warptime
2 oblits
2 oblits
10 CSM
2x 7plague marines
2x 8 zerks

im not a fan of deep strike and considerin orks i play against use little range firepower i only use rhinos rarely. what i want to know is how to best equip my marines and how to use them

·
Registered
594 Posts
Now i know you said you only rarely use rhinos...but for the love of god give all your troops rhinos. Orks have very little in the way of ranged Anti-tank, while you have the Oblits to pummel them with. You'll need the mobility to keep up with your DPs and prevent him from taking all the good terrain.

Give the regular marines 2x Flamers or Meltas (your choice) and a Rhino, load your Plagues up with 2x Plasma and a Rhino, and give your Zerks a PF Champ and Rhino.

Also replace the Nurgle's Rot with Winds of Chaos, it's far more effective.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like flamers. the smell of roasted ork flesh delicious. with the rhinos that i do use, i tend to leave naked (like u said orks anti tank is minimal). let us know what u think on that.

winds of chaos is also a plus i wont disagree there

·
Registered
106 Posts
Something you might be able to use is lesser daemons. Even though you might not like to deepstrike, they are a pretty effective, relatively cheap Tar-Pit/Counter assault against orks, and in case of Shoota boys, they arctually rip them up a bit ;P

I think we seee far to Few Daemons on the field... I'm Pro-Daemon use XD

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to the issue of lack of demons and the defiler i would have to say the reason i dont hav the latter is purely financial (im using a friends SMs in substitute of CSM troopers still). as for the demon issue im a fan of the bigger/centrepiece demons but not so much of the lesser. even though tactically they are fine, i just dont like the look of large amounts of them so when i get sum (and i will) there wont be alot

·
Registered
592 Posts
There doesn't have to be a lot of them. Merely two squads of five may provide a suitable speed bump for a turn, giving you the option to bring out delicious twin-linked flaming on the mob that assaulted them.

You should definately get into Rhinoes, though. It forces the Ork player to attack your rhino instead of your guys, giving you the option to get out and counter-assault after a potential wrecking of your own rhino.

Other than that, I'm not really sold on either Nurgle's Rot or Wind of Chaos on the daemon prince. I would stick to Warptime on both, to be quite honest. It just works better that way, especially if he has truckboys, which have a small number. Meaning you will chew through them in two assault phases, if his powerclaw doesn't get absurdly lucky ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive been sold on the rhinos and they look good, so they are in now, as for demons the bloodletters are the only lesser demon that i like. i'll try the 2 mini squads and see how they go once i buy/make some

i can understand peoples love for warptime the reason i dnt have it on both DPs is because variation in friendly games can be fun but in saying that two warptime princes would be pretty daunting

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Instead of warptime you could get a lasher prince.(Might be too competitive...)

I noticed you had one prince unmarked, why not give him the glorious mark of nurgle? This buffs up his toughness to six and makes him a daunting(Yet conquerable) opponent.

As for the orks, rhinos are fantastic and are almost mandatory to use in most chaos lists, as for your heavy support, perhaps break up the obliterators into three squads of two? This way you have an entirely seperate squad and the same firepower on the board.

Also deep striking the oblits near an icon makes them two tl-flamers that can fire in support of a squad. Even though you dislike DS this is a thought?

Lastly, defilers are a mixed bag of tricks, most people buy defilers hoping to get that big template off, but if you're paying all those points why not upgrade it to a vindicator with daemonic possession? S10 big blast makes people fear the dark gods.

·
Registered
594 Posts
If you can free up the points, MoT+Warptime+Wind of Chaos is just full retard against horde armies like Orks. You can blast around 10 boyz a turn if you position your template correctly. MoT is also a godsend against the inevitable Powerklaw attacks.

I'm a big fan of anything that ignores armour AND cover. Speaking of such (completely unrelated advice) Heavy Flamers are hilarious against Tau Fire Warriors/Kroot. Last week a single HF Termie killed around 300 points of Tau infantry before he went down.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Instead of warptime you could get a lasher prince.(Might be too competitive...)
ive considered this as too competitive in our usual games. i tend to use it as a form of revenge when my friend did sumthing sneaky or unexpected in a previous game

as for all the other advice. ill give it ago and see how things like the vindicator span in my games

1 - 13 of 13 Posts