Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) A Warboss has four base attacks. If you arm him with a slugga and a choppa, do they count as two close combat weapons, and thus +1A? Similarly for Slugga boyz, who seem to have two cc weapons by default, and yet have the same profile as Shootaz, who don't have two cc weapons.

2) There is no 2. I found the answer in the Ork FAQ. :)

Yes, I'm also dusting off my old Ork army. :wink:

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is covered in the rulebook.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is. I was thrown off by the Ork Codex's insistence on referring to the weapons in their own terms, when "bolt pistol and axe" would work just as well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think that'll ever happen! ;)

It also doesn't help that the weapon stats aren't in the Codex, so there's no direct way of knowing what weapon types a Slugga and Shoota actually are. I think the Slugga is referred to as "a pistol-like weapon" in one of the mini-fluff bits in the sidebars, but that's not really good enough. Thank Gork for the FAQ!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. Just picked up a speed freeks army and was getting on to look for the summary page.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am gonna tack on some of my own additional questions here.

An ork Power Klaw (PK) counts and is used just like a Space Marine power fist right? Or are there any variations to its specs. or use?

·
Registered
325 Posts
WARBOSS WOG "BLACKT said:
An ork Power Klaw (PK) counts and is used just like a Space Marine power fist right? Or are there any variations to its specs. or use?
Its the same.

·
Registered
298 Posts
dakari-mane wrote:
WARBOSS WOG "BLACKT wrote:

Its the same.

No it's not.

It's better.

Cos it's bein' wielded by an ORK!
That means after a couple of uses itll break down and theyll have to find another power fist to alter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts