Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Guns, attack the crew or the gun itself? I don't get how targeting goes, as the gun has it's armor value and the crew have their tuffness!

could a blast weapon possible hit the gun and the crew in the same shot?

also... a roll of a 5 (wrecked) on the vehicle damage table vs. an apc, does that eject the crew automatically?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Big Guns, attack the crew or the gun itself? I don't get how targeting goes, as the gun has it's armor value and the crew have their tuffness!

When shooting, randomise hits between the crew and vehicles, as explained on p55 - on a 1-4, a gun is hit, on a 5-6 a crewman is hit. This goes for blast weapons as well - tally up how many models are hit, randomise. For example, blast hits 4 crew and 2 guns, you randomise the 6 hits between the guns and the crew.

When in an Assault, all hits are taken by the crew - it doesn't matter if they are attacking or in B2B with the gun models or the crew models, all hits are worked out as if they were struck against a crew model.

also... a roll of a 5 (wrecked) on the vehicle damage table vs. an apc, does that eject the crew automatically?
Yep, as on P67, all passengers disembark and take a pinning test. If there's no room for them to disembark from the hatches, they can emergency disembark anywhere within 2", and, if even that isn't possible, the models that can't be placed just die.

Hope that helps somewhat :)

·
Registered
468 Posts

Artillery units dealt with on p55 of the rulebook. Hits are randomised between the gun and crew.

Wrecked forces the passengers to disembark as normal, then take a Pinning check. Then the vehicle turns into a wreck. p67, Effects of damage results on passengers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts