Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
I'm confused so I'll set out how I think it works and you can correct me if I've missed something.

As I read it if there are 11 or more Orks in the Mob it is Fearless. It will auto pass morale and pinning tests. Powers that effect the Ld value for a unit will have no effect on the mob for morale and pinning because it uses the Fearless rule (ie Ld is irrelevant), BUT if it is required to take a Ld test for any other reason (and I can't think of one off hand) it starts at Ld 10 (which is the highest your allowed) and this is modified by the special power/attack as normal.

If the mob is 10 Orks or less then the Orks are using their Ld for tests like Morale and Pinning and it gets modified by the power/attack as per normal.

Simples (as the Meerkat would say if it played 40K)

What am I missing?

Regards
TT

· Registered
227 Posts
OK - before you jump in I'm being daft.

You are worrying about what happens if you have 10 Orks and a Pariah unit walks up. The answer is in the Pariah's rule. The Orks Ld is established at 10 by Mob rule. However they are treated as if their Ld is 7 because the Pariah's Soulless says their Ld as 'counts as .. Ld7'. The key is that the Soulless rule does not actually change the Ork's Ld value, it just forces them to act as if their Ld were only 7.

Does that do it?

Regards
TT
Ps Sorry about the initial false start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.