Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a strange model, i think of it as a marmite model, you either love it or hate it.
the kit consists of 2 A5 sprues and six 25mm bases and retails at £28

The kit has been cleverly designed, all the weapon variants attach to a central screw shaped barrel,which means it may be possible to magnatise the thing so you can swap out different weapons, but they really havent made it easy to do, but using this method i imagine they have saved about 1 sprue of space.

the gun part of the kit is quite a complex build for such a small kit, it is very highly detailed and full of little fun extras like a spanner attached to a pannel or a guard for the targeting screen, slighly saggin wheels because of the weight,fans and split wires. The gun almost makes sense and is realistically scaled to its crew and environment, this is fairly common with ork stuff, i suppose because its quite close our one technology its quite easy to put real world elements into it.

the crew are simply excellent, each one of the six grots/gretchin are a character of there own and worthy of any ork army, they dont come with many optional extras, but a significant amount of time and effort has been put into them and arguably raise the value of the kit much higher than it would have been.

that said £28 for this feel like alot, when you think the gun is going to be very difficult to swap out or magnetise, even with the crew it doesnt feel like its money and again in comparison to say the Eldar support platform its quite pricey but then again when you consider a Tyranid biovore is £25 for a very lack luster lump of metal with zero character, maybe it is its money, personally i think had they priced it nearer the £20 mark, they would have shifted far more.

Just point out im not saying its too expensive as i think price is a personal thing, its your hobby and your budget and its up to you how you spend it, im just making price comparisons to other kits with similar roles or size, im also in no position to say if its worth putting in your ork army or not so i wont comment on that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Thanks B&K. The true problem of this kit, imo, is not its price, it's the amount of kit you need to play! basically you'll want to have 4-6 mek gunz if you bring any. This will maim and kill your wallet in a fraction of second.

Also, why you think is hard to magnetize? Not much space to work with?

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, why you think is hard to magnetize? Not much space to work with?
thats part of it, but also some of the weapons are quite elaborate with some small parts, its gonna take a bit more effort to work out than say an arms swap magnetization for a carnifex, im not saying it cant be done, i just think its not gonna be a simple project, its gonna take someone who's got a clue.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
well, i guess good 'ol gw intended it to be this way :grin:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
The problem I have with some of these kits is also one of the positives, in a strange kind of way. The amount of spares you end up with no matter which gun you pick. The kit makes 4 different options, so you have the bits for three left over. If they sold two separate kits with two options each, but cheaper, I think they would do better.

I know it sounds crazy, because the many dual kits are great for the convertor, but we all have a heap of spares from various kits like these we're never gonna use.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I totally understand the sentiment, it's because of that very thing that I have an income, conversions are one thing, repairs are another, but I think a significant portion of my sales is people trying to save money by using parts left over from expensive dual kits and picking up bit from me to create a second model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts