Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not an orc player, but I was chatting to a guy I live with who plays orcs about titans. We both wanted to do a 'big' project - so we settled on a gargant. We're not the greatest modellers, so we thought a gargant (which should look a bit odd) would be do-able!) Here it is in my best orc!

Da plan
Buy loadsa guns an' stuff cheap
Put on big body
Go fight
dakka dakka!

OK, pretty ropey I admit. But seriously, does anyone have an idea of scale? How large would a stompa be, or possibly (if we're stupid enough) a great gargant?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
i imagine a gargant to be about 12"-15" tall

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would that be a great gargant, or a mega?

·
Registered
190 Posts
i imagine a gargant to be about 12"-15" tall
Nah. Gargants are around 32 inches tall, twice the size of an average stompa. If you don't mind, I'll post a link to my thread with the stompa. It's not at the top, a bit lower. And I'm not advertising my pics here, just trying to give you a scale. http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5628&highlight=Stompa
Ah, and I've put a bunch more stuff on it, so I'll post an update pic later, but this is just for the size reference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well if you look at the pictures in the Apocalypse and hence measure them you should be able to come up with a reasonable height for your stompa.

If you take into account that FW 'Warhound titan' is approximently 10.5 inches high, then a stompa should be much smaller than this, considering it is the 'Super stompa' which acctually reaches that height(according to the 'fluff bible', the Stompa is merely the orks version of a large heavily armed tank, whilst their Super Stompa is on par with the Warhound titan.

I accidently made mine too large(approx 14 inches), so ill have to count mine as a Super stompa, which brings me to another question which is off the topic a bit(sorry).

Where could i find rules for the 'Super stompa' for Apocalypse? I mean they have rules for Emporer class titan and Warhound titans, but nothing for anything in between. Similarly with the orks they dont acctually have any rules for anything larger than the stompa.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Here is a great size chart that shows the range of all ork things.

http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22057&st=0

Gargants are between 10"-12" inches tall. Mega gargants are 18-24 inches tall. Either way you go it is going to be a long commitment of several months to a year to do a good job from build to paint. So I hope you are willing to put in the effort. Trust me it is worth it in the end to put in the time. Look forward to seeing your build.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the bell of lost souls has an article on how to make a great (as in huge , big) gargant.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Puchase a 32 gallon garbage can, preferrably the round type.

Turn it upside down and place old sneakers/boots under one end of it.

Duct tape various lengths and diamaters of pvc pipe to it.

Glue an ork model to the top of it.

Done!

:wink: :biggrin:

·
Registered
126 Posts
'know what the greatest thing about orks is? It doesnt matter. You can have a huge gargant if you want! It can look however you want it to and best of all, you can slap a whole bunch of metal plates together and it would still look like cool orky goodness. Im sure whatever you make will look tough without shelling out a lot of teef! Here is an idea though. My bro is makin a gargant that is stackable. Their are like three levels that come apart and are modeled inside! This will help with transport, gives more modelling oppertunity and can even help in a scenario creation (get in the gargant and sabatoge or kill something in it.)

just a suggestion.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Step 1: Find bucket.
Step 2: Overturn bucket.
Step 3: Put feet on bucket.
Step 4: Spray bucket with glue.
Step 5: Throw bits at it until they stick.
Step 6: Paint.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm afraid this projects died. Niether of us have the time. Plus, he's finished his orks and moved on to other projects. Surprised this thread came back though, thought it died.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts