Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I started Warhammer 40k and painting in general January this year. First I bought the AoBR set, the Ork Codex and the How to Paint Citadel Miniatures book. I also started browsing the internet for information on how to paint etc. I liked the Deathskulls so decided to make this the theme to my Ork army. Deathskulls being battlefield scavengers basically give me the oppurtunity to combine all the Ork clans colours into my painting. ( this was before I found out colour theory, amountof colours to use on one model etc :grin:)

My Warboss:

And his gun holsters

AoBR Nobz:

AoBR boyz:

I really liked the "Red ones go fasta" theme and decided to use this on bullets and rockets.
Deffcoptas:

While still painting the AoBR orks I purchased the Ork Battleforce and some Gretchin.
Trukk:

And front view:

The trukk still needs some work, some parts are only basecoated.

Here are some of the Gretchins. I'd say these are my best so far. I finished these about four weeks ago. This was also my first time painting metal models. I was amazed at the amount of detail in the metal models, compared to the plastic ones.
Metal models

Plastic models

So, thanks for looking. Please let me know what you think. C&C is welcome!

Currently I am working on a Runtherd, 3 Warbikes, basing the Gretchin and getting myself to prime the Battleforce boys. I really hate spray paint.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Really nice especially since you picked the propper deathskullz army. I think your guys could use a little more definition in the skin tone a wash of thrakka green or devlin mud over the models would really help bring out details in them. Other than that you are doing a really good job painting up a nice little waaagh.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliment morfangdakka.
I did use Thraka Green wash on the Boss, Nobz and boys. After the wash I drybrushed to highlight the skin. Could it be the drybrush highlight "undid" the wash a little ? Would a second wash bring out the details again ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

I've not been very active on the forum. Just wanted to share my Warbikes and Runtherd with you:

And I've been messing around with Ork skin tones. I like the different looks so I decided to incorporate this into my army.

·
Registered
529 Posts
well done mate this is some good painting

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback.
Here are some more pictures of the bikes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello,
Small update on my Orks. The guys with different Skin tones from last oktober now look like this. They are not finished but I'm getting there .... eventually. Guess I'm slow and purposeful:grin:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bomb-squig

I spent sunday afternoon on painting a bomb-squig. A nice break from assembly line Ork painting.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Basing da Waaagh!

Hello,

small update. I finished basing the models I consider finished (well, at least for now. I always find something which can be improved or a detail I missed....).

Here are two pictures of my Waaagh!
It's the AoBR set Orks, 3 bikes and a Trukk from the Ork Battleforce, Gretchin + Runtherd and a bombsquig. Currenly (still) working on finishing the Battleforce boys.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi,

Finally finished two Nobz from the Ork battleforce which I first showed in my January update.
Slow and Purposeful painting so to speak .....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts