Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all , ........ "will this work?" is the question.....
if not i would like constructive criticisms. P.s i dont want to run a standard ork setup i thought a "flame wall" might be fun to try

hq

warboss w/pk/heavy armor/boss pole =95

elites

15 burnas =225

15 burnas =225

15 burnas =225

troops

12 ork boyz + nob w/h.a /boss pole =104

12 ork boyz + nob w/h.a /boss pole =104

fast attk

3 warbikes w/ nob- w/pk- boss pole =115

3 warbikes w/ nob w/pk- boss pole =115

3 deff koptas w/ buzz saw =190

heavy

1 killa kan w/ scorcha- armor plates =50

1 killa kan w/ scorcha- armor plates =50

total 1498

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
If you want an ork-arsonist warband you should include tracked skorchas on all fast slots. A shoota/skorcha combiweapon is a must on your boss. I think you then should have the points to uppgrade your Kans to Dreads with skorcha and extra CC weapon. And yes, Trukks for everyone!

PS: and you are insane ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can you write a small battle report when you play this list. Am really interested to see how it goes. Will be very entertaining.

·
I Piss in your Cheerios
7,370 Posts
Would be pretty good against other Orks.

Armies that are Mechanised though, especially Eldar, will literally laugh at you, and wipe the floor with your corpses.

Your list has literally zero anti-tank power. turn one, the Bikes and Koptas lose a guy and run off the board, and you may as well concede and save you both time and embarrassment.

There is a GOOD reason Lootas are the only Elite you see in Ork armies - they're the only GOOD one.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Perhaps a scorcha loaded kan-wall could be more effective? Still burny but more resilient and more anti-tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i have revised the list for ~ 1500 points

hq

warboss w/ combi -scorcha/shoota,pk-bosspole heavy armor 100

elites

12 burnas
12 burnas
fast attk

3 warbuggies- scorchas w/redpaint,a.p, 165

3 warbuggies scorchas w/redpaint,a.p, 165

troops

10 boyz w/nob pk,h.a,boss pole - trukk w/redpaint 145

10 boyz w/nob pk,h.a,boss pole - trukk w/ redpaint 145

heavy

1 dread w/scorch,cc weapon 95

1 dread w/scorch,cc weapon 95

3 killa kanz w/scorcha,h.a 150

puts me at 1500

what do you think thanks all

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's a shame but Burnas are best suited to a Green Wave Ork Army instead of Ork Parking Lot. They'll perform well against things like Imperial Guard when stationed directly behind a Mob of Boyz or Grots that can protect them from enemy fire, and in close combat against armoured targets like Space Marines (who hiccup at Orks carrying Power Weapons). In this case, I'd drop the all of the trucks and mass up your mobs, giving them all Rokkit Launchas. A unit of Tankbustas may be helpful too, as they are the only thing Orks have that are close to a Devastator Unit.

Although this is a themed army (and I can really appreciate that), it is a very specialized one (anti-infantry). It will cut swaths through horde armies that are vulnerable to templates (really great cityfight army) but in the age of Tankhammer you'll be sorely lacking. Actually since Burnas and Skorchas are the only Ork weapons that are guarenteed to hit, it's fairly effective in heavy terrain.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think it's worth a try; Orks are meant to be semi-ridiculous. Have you considered adding a Big Mek with KFF if you go the horde route?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've seen 15 burna boys in a battlewagon work. If it's open topped they all get to shoot. It's been done to me, and it can be nasty if combined with a big mek with KFF.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've seen 15 burna boys in a battlewagon work. If it's open topped they all get to shoot. It's been done to me, and it can be nasty if combined with a big mek with KFF.
Hell you put a Deff Rolla on it and load the Burnas, you have the Ork Equivilant to the Redeemer Land Raider...

·
I Piss in your Cheerios
7,370 Posts
Hell you put a Deff Rolla on it and load the Burnas, you have the Ork Equivilant to the Redeemer Land Raider...
And they aren't competitive either...

·
Registered
60 Posts
i would replace one deff dread and some of the skorchas for 2 looted wagons with skorchas
the burnas could pile into the looted wagons be protected and the tank could still burn stuff moriouce i would not want to face this in cities of death.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Maybe some battlewagons with deff rollas. HQ:
warboss w/ combi -scorcha/shoota,pk-bosspole heavy armor 100
Elites:
15 burnas 225 possibly add 3x KMB mekboys for some anti tank/terminators
15 burnas 225
Fast Attack:
3 warbuggies- scorchas w/redpaint,a.p, 165
3 warbuggies scorchas w/redpaint,a.p, 165
Troops:
19 boyz - Nob w PK
15 Grotz - Rutherd
15 Grotz - Rutherd
Heavy Supt:
1 Battlewagon - deffrolla, 2x big shootas 120
The two burna squads go in two BWs and the other boyz squad goes in the last BW, the Warboos can go with the boys or burnas. I woul stick him with the Burnas to spread Anti tank capabilities. The Grots sit on home objectives. It doesn't have as much fire as you had, but gives you a good amount, protection to get there and some antitank/infantry in the deff rollas.
You can also switch the boss out for a Big Mek with KFF and Burna for 105, just take 5pts from some where else.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts